[FIXED] Can't save/move because game thinks a Sim is aging up

by creamanda

Original Post

Age up glitch in sims 4

★★ Novice

The game glitched when one of the sims in my house aged up. Now every house I try to play is affected including new houses I create. The buy/play toggle is gray and when you hover over it it says you cannot do this while a sim is aging up. There are no sims aging up. I cannot save, travel, manage households, NOTHING! I basically cannot play AT ALL because I cannot save my progress or travel anywhere! HELP!

Message 21 of 207 (36,494 Views)

Re: [game breaking] Sims in "aging up" status forever

Hero

@shepherdmoon Thanks for the report. 

Merged with existing report

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 207 (26,325 Views)

My sim aged up on a community lot and now can't go home

★★★★ Novice

In The sims 4, my sim was out with 2 other sims at the Gym. one of them aged up while we were there and now none of them can go home to the home lot. all 3 are stuck at the gym. all optiones to go home are grayed out an say "this action can not be performed when a sim is ageing up" my sims have been stuck there for days. 

Message 23 of 207 (26,507 Views)

Re: My sim aged up on a community lot and now can't go home

★★★★ Novice

Started a new gam with new sims in a new world and still everything says "can't do this while sim is aging up" Someone help! my whole game is messed up!

Message 24 of 207 (26,499 Views)

Re: My sim aged up on a community lot and now can't go home

Hero

Did you shut down your game completely before starting a new game or only go to the main menu ? If so, try shutting down the game and then try again.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 207 (26,491 Views)

Re: Age up glitch in sims 4

★★ Novice

Had same issue but was localized to one house (did not try new households), looked up previous posts that had same issue.  In the same household I tried:

• allowing the sim to age (no effect)
  • aged up the sim twice via cake (no effect on lock)
  • resetting the sim (didn't change the lock)
  • editing the house via build mode from initial menu (wouldn't save due to age up lock)
  • conducting the "hard reset" suggested in a previous thread, also didn't work
  • killing the sim and then banishing the sim to the netherworld did not work. 

Looking forward to a solution. 

Message 26 of 207 (36,339 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could there be any other Sims that are aging up on the lot ?

Would you be willing to send me your save game ?

If so, upload to dropbox or mediafire and PM me the link.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 207 (36,325 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have had the same issue and no other sims are aging on the lot at all! I wish you could just edit the way the sims look just as they age. Most of the time I don't like the way the hair style looks or the clothing once a baby comes of age and once it becomes a teenager it would be nice if I could simply make a teenage bedroom! How can you let your teenage kids or your children make friends if it won't even let them lot go anywhere with this glitch. I ended up deleting that file and starting all over again because of this glitch. There has to be a solution!

Message 28 of 207 (36,220 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My only issue has been getting the ability to let my sims age up.  I have a baby an I am tired of its constant need for someone.  I am not getting anywhere with this game with a baby that is stuck a baby, I also refuse to ad to my family if I can not age the baby when needed.  If I even tried I would never be able to do anything productive again.   I am even wondering if anyone from EA's Sims department even read this.  Since this has been goin on since the last update which was at least a month or so ago.  If any of them do read this PLEASE FIX, You have a lot of people complaining and how are you going to get anyone to want the next thing if you don't fix what glitches you have now?  Just curious.  I am an avid Fan of the Sims and do not want to lose the want or will to play due to glitches not getting fixed.  Confusedmileyindifferent:

Message 29 of 207 (36,079 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

My sim had twins and one aged up successfully, but one is now invisible, unplayable, and 'doesn't currently go to school.'

How do I finish up the other twin's aging??

*saved it, came back, and the child was no longer invisible. now, however, one of the children aged up to teen and i can't save or travel because 'sim is aging.' This sim has been aging for 3 days.... 

Is EA going to fix this????

Message 30 of 207 (35,984 Views)