Re: [OPEN] Can't save/move because game thinks a Sim is aging up

by shhfiftyfive

Original Post

Hero

HI @rachaeliscool

you can't upload saves here. Please read instructions how to share saves a couple pages back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 71 of 207 (1,586 Views)

★ Apprentice

@crinrict Yeah, I did look at that post. It said:

"Direct attachment

• You can attach a file directly to a forum post."

I'm not sure what sort of forum post they were referring to. Is this the wrong forum?

Message 72 of 207 (1,566 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

That method is only for smaller files and not zip files (as those are not supported). Guess they should clarify that.

Please use one of the other methods to upload saves

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 73 of 207 (1,558 Views)

★★ Novice

On a different save I had this same issue with after having it the first time, I exited out of the game and re-entered, I went on the same save that I had the issue on, and it didn't appear to come back, so I think that may be a potential solution. For anyone that is viewing this thread, try exiting out of your game completely and going back in and see if it works.

Message 74 of 207 (1,541 Views)

★ Apprentice

Okay, do I just post the link here, then?

https://app.box.com/s/4mgzeofeqwhtjbwaqpewp4n136gbvrz5

If there's something else I need to do, like email it, please let me know. I read the post as requested, but I still feel that they could have been clearer on where, exactly, we need to share it.

Message 75 of 207 (1,500 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

how is this bug still a thing years after release? surely the dev team isn't placing the burden onto the players and expecting us to deal with it/sort it out...

i just realized, after a REALLY long play session, that i have this bug.

the only time my sim almost aged up, i bought and took a youth potion. that was hours ago.

now since the potion (used to prevent aging 3 times actually)... my sim has mastered several skills and almost maxed out the career path...

and now i want to save and quit, but my entire game session is just void??

is there no solution to this stupid bug?

edit: the bug happened recently, because i used build mode a lot, even recently. the only thing i can think happened of note since then was max my gardening and make some perfect plants, idk what else.

update: amazing, i reload old save, which set me back to almost the beginning. then i start learning skills and such for 2 more hours... then again.... out of nowhere... i get this bug again. i don't get it. how can bugs like this still exist. all i did since the last time i entered build mode to buy something was dig some rocks and do some fishing.

why doesn't this game have an auto-save feature, to go along with the manual saves? that way we can at least go back 10 minutes or so and not be completely devastated because we aren't constantly manually saving like lunatics to prepare ourselves for the inevitable, that this game is a broken mess, just like it was years ago when it launched. this is pathetic software quality assurance.

next update: since this is turning into a full-fledged beta/bug report...

so i tried to play the game with aging completely turned off...

so what happens instead?

the symptom that presents itself is every once in a while (10-20 minute intervals for me) the game randomly opening up the "take a picture" feature, on its own.

i had this happen a few times in less than an hour with aging turned off.

the 3rd time it basically bugged out and apparently thinks its still taking pictures, i "can not save/build while taking pictures"

so there are no more work arounds for me, on the players' end. this is something the dev team should fix.

i'm playing the basic game, no extra paid content. no mods.

a bug like this is 100% worthy of a full refund. it breaks the game. i can't possibly be expected to stop playing to manually save every 10 minutes, because:

1. the devs choose not to add an auto-save function

2. the devs refuse to ensure they're fixing bugs that are easily producible.

Message 76 of 207 (1,464 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm getting the same problem first with the twins I had it told me they were aging up when I tried to save and travel maybe because they both aged up at the same time. I tried to force them to age up again with a cake and no matter what the game was stuck. So I reloaded an old game sent one sim away and they aged up at diff times. Then I invited someone to move in and when he went to age up naturally it bugged out again because he aged up at work. Now I'm stuck and have to reload again? 

Ugh is there any solution for this yet? I already got a refund for the xbox version because of the bugs but now I can't even play the PC version without losing out on saves?

Message 77 of 207 (1,434 Views)

Hero

If you have saves, that reproducibly have the issue, please see instructions to upload for QA on the page before.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 78 of 207 (1,432 Views)

★★ Novice

I just downloaded and started this game today.  At the end of the day I find I can not save due to the same bug that has been haunting this game since Sep 2014!  Really, you can't fix the bug in 3 years!  I lost a good portion of the days playing.  Thanks.  Please fix this bug.  No Mods,  I have the Deluxe Download edition and At work expansion.

Message 79 of 207 (1,410 Views)

Hero

If you have saves, that reproducibly have the issue, please see instructions to upload for QA on the page before.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 80 of 207 (1,398 Views)