Re: [FEEDBACK] Can't purchase books

by dolldrms1

Original Post

★★★ Pro
For the last item on my list there is a thread about guitars from prmade households that can't go into the inventory. It is related.

For refrigerators, you can't drag food into them prepared by your own Sims unless you delete it and replace it. I was listing all the objects affected. Sorry for the confusion.
Message 21 of 40 (1,343 Views)

Hero

This thread is about the buy option disappearing from bookshelves. 

The drag thing has it's own thread here: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/Cant-put-food-in-fridge/td-p/4439496/

You already posted in the guitar thread. 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 22 of 40 (1,334 Views)

★★★ Pro

The entire thing seems to be a related issue with inventories and the premade houses.

Message 23 of 40 (1,300 Views)

Hero

I've had the option disappear in old saves in my own house but it hasn't happen in a while so I don't know if it's fixed or not.

Do you still have the buy option disappear on bookshelves ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 24 of 40 (1,283 Views)

★ Pro

Knock on wood, I think the issue has been fixed.  In late Dec., this was a huge problem for me but I haven't had the option to "purchase books" disappear for the last couple of months.

Message 25 of 40 (1,151 Views)

Re: Can't purchase books

★★★ Novice
This is also a problem for me I tried buying a different bookshelf didn't work I also can't purchase medicine or parts any help?
Message 26 of 40 (1,035 Views)

Re: Can't purchase books

Hero

Are you using any mods in your game ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 40 (1,026 Views)
Highlighted

★ Pro
I certainly didn't expect to be posting in this thread again, after reporting in March having had no problem with losing the option to purchase books for a couple of months.  That is no longer the case, as seen in the pic attached with the obviously missing "purchase books" option.

The thing is, I'm not sure it's totally broken again.  The pic was taken in the Maxis, Pancakes, Pique Hearth house, in a new, mod/cc free save started after the last patch.  Replacing the bookcases (there are 2 different styles on the lot) causes the option to appear and the money is a wash, since the sell price is the same as the purchase price.  However, in a player made house that I placed in this save from my library, the option to "purchase books" is present on the bookcase, without my having to replace it.  That leaves me to wonder if the problem is somehow connected to Maxis homes containing their pre-placed sim families.

On another note with the Pancakes family.  Eliza Pancakes has the materialistic trait and the first 3 times I played the house there wasn't an option to "admire new possession" for her on any object, including a refrigerator that I also had to replace because food couldn't be dragged into it until I did.  Somehow today, the "admire new possession" just magically started appearing.  I mention it only because I'm unsure if my replacing the bookcases somehow triggered the option to appear.  It was the first time back after replacing the bookcases, shutting down the game last night and then firing up the game to play again today.

This is the first time I have played the Pancakes family, so I am unsure if other players have had trouble on that lot.  Could it just be the lot itself is a little buggy?  It seems to be working fine now but things didn't start out that way.

As I reread my post it occurred to me I should have checked another Maxis family home with a bookcase.  I will do that the next time I play but if anyone would like to check the Pancakes family in a new save to see if they can replicate what I encountered, please feel free to do so.  I rotated into the Pancakes household after playing two other families, just in case that scenario played a part in the glitches occurring.

Message 28 of 40 (968 Views)

Hero

Do you still have the save before you sold them ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 40 (965 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Yes, rolling back to my ver4 was a save with missing option.  I had apparently already changed out the refrigerator so you can't see the inability to drag food but the option for Eliza to "admire new possession" is missing from it. 

Anticipating a request from you to upload save, here it is: Edited to remove link

The save will open for you to go to the Katt house in WB, so just pop over to WC to the Pancakes instead.

If I guessed wrong and you didn't want save, lmk and I'll delete link. 

Message 30 of 40 (960 Views)