Re: My sims can not buy books after I installed new patch.

by crinrict

Original Post

Hero

@BBdoll3 Moved to bug reporting.

Do you not get the options on the book shelves anymore ? Are you using any mods ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 40 (1,530 Views)

★★ Apprentice

No, I don't see the options, and yes, I do have Mods.

Message 12 of 40 (1,537 Views)
Highlighted

Hero

Then please remove the mods and see if the issue persists.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 40 (1,528 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Okay. I will have him try this.

Message 14 of 40 (1,518 Views)

Re: Can't purchase books

Hero

@Tboyd81 Is this still an issue for you and if so, did you get that on all bookshelfs or only a certain kind ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 40 (4,735 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Try selling the bookshelf and buying the same one (new) after selling it Remember to sell(sell books via the build/buy catalogue you can drag books from shelf there but not in live play mode) all books in(the books in the bugged bookshelf are unable to be dragged from bookshelf)bookshelf once the buy option on bookshelf is available Replace sold books with new ones from buy menu Do the same to replace bugged computer
Message 16 of 40 (2,058 Views)

Hero

Bit unsure what to do with this as I've seen the option disappear in my own game and I have no idea what triggers it

Any feedback/ideas ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 40 (1,938 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm also having this problem. I'm going to try and buy a new bookshelf. See if that works.

Message 18 of 40 (1,853 Views)

Re: [FEEDBACK] Can't purchase books

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

As of the February 2016 patch this is still an issue.   I tested this with a new game after deleting my cache files.

• This issue occurs in the premade household and it doesn't matter if you move a new family in, merge a family, or play one of the premades
  • This also occurs with refrigerators, toy boxes, and computers as well
  • Deleting the computer, bookcase, toy box, or refrigerators will allow Sims to be able to make purchases and use the items
  • This also affects items that go in inventories such as bars, musical instruments, tablets, food, toys, and books by preventing the objects from being dragged into inventories
Message 19 of 40 (1,847 Views)

Re: [FEEDBACK] Can't purchase books

Hero

What can you buy on the fridge ?

Also don't understand the last reference on your list ?

Does the option simply disappear after awhile and you can't buy and order anything ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 40 (1,833 Views)