Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Can't place my gravestone from household inventory

by helenbeeee

Original Post

Hero (Retired)

@zeldaria195 wrote:

<snipped> Is there a bug with family trees that erases a Sim from history after X generations that could also affect the tombstone?

There is a separate bug report about sims disappearing from the family tree. https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Sims-in-Family-Tree-Disappearing/td-p/7287642

At this point, they are being treated as separate bugs. Read through the thread & see if it matches the issue you're experiencing. If so, please click the "Me Too" button on the first post and post any additional info that you think could be useful in that post. 

Message 21 of 37 (4,992 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I also have the same problem. I have 10 gravestones in total, but can no longer place three of them. 

Message 22 of 37 (4,945 Views)

★ Apprentice

Have the same issue with a gravestone not able to pick up. Sim died of heat stroke and was an elder.

Message 23 of 37 (4,908 Views)

★★ Novice

I am also having this issue. I didn't change lots just a new house on the same lot and now I can't replace my tombstones 

Message 24 of 37 (4,860 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Can't place my gravestone from household inventory

★ Guide

I also had this problem, but it's temporary, although scary. It seems to happen when the sim dies while you are not playing that household.

Steps to "fix" or really to just see if it's temporary.

1. Save your game.
  2. Go into build mode and place the gravestone where you like it. It will disappear.
  3. Go into live mode. Still gone.
  4. Unpause the game. After a few seconds, the gravestone or urn will bobble up and down like it's possessed, but it will reappear.

If #4 was true for you, then you're good and you can go back into build mode and move it around all you want. If it's still gone after step #4, no worries. Just don't save the game and exit out. This will restore you to the point you saved at #1 and you might have to take more drastic actions.

More drastic fix.

1. You need the MCCC mod installed.
  2. Play as any sim who knows the deceased and summon world sim to you using MCCC.
  3. Choose the ghost of the tombstone you're missing.
  4. Shift click to add to household. This is necessary so they don't leave and you can get them on the lot.
  5. Use MCCC mod to revive ghost.
  6. Make sure to move the sim onto the lot's buildable space or the rest won't work.
  7. Use MCCC mod to kill the sim and select the method (most likely old age, but you can pick any).
  8. Witness the death.
  9. The new urn or tombstone will appear.
Message 25 of 37 (4,830 Views)

Grave stone built from household inventory disappears

★★★★★ Apprentice

I accidentally kept the furniture when I moved the grandmother back into the current household. So the gravestones of the dog and her husband also went into the household inventory. I could drag the dog gravestone to the floor and all was well, the sim could take it into inventory and bring it to the graveyard lot. However, the gravestone of the husband disappears each time I drag it to the ground. Just poof. I even moved the household from an apartment to a house with a meadow, and it also disappeared. Is there any way to get this gravestone on the graveyard?

Message 26 of 37 (4,701 Views)

Re: Grave stone built from household inventory disappears

Hero
@Lailantie I merged your post with the bug report on this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 27 of 37 (4,673 Views)

Re: Grave stone built from household inventory disappears

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thank you @crinrict  for guiding me to this thread. I did what @CharityCodes  suggested and dragged the gravestone to the living room floor, then went to live mode. After a second the urn popped up and stayed, so I could take it into my sim's inventory. Thanks to both of you, now the gravestone of Marcel Blank finally found his final home next to the gravestone of his wife Sandra Taro Standard smile

Message 28 of 37 (4,641 Views)

★★★ Novice
@KristinTravels this has just happened to me I moved the artwork and tombstones to household inventory then I replaced the house on the same lot with one from the gallery. When I went to place the tombstones in build mode from inventory they disappeared it seems they cant be placed out of the inventory now.
Message 29 of 37 (4,554 Views)

Gravestone/Urn disappears when placed on lot from household inventory

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.131.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats & Dogs, City Living, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Get Famous, Get to Work, Get Together, Island Living, Seasons, Snowy Escape, Dine Out, Dream Home Decorator, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, Strangerville, Backyard, Cool Kitchen, Fitness, Kids Room, Laundry Day, Movie Hangout, Nifty Knitting, Paranormal, Perfect Patio, Spooky, Tiny Living, Toddler, Vintage Glamour
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Gravestone for a child (they drown on my home lot, in Sulani if that matters), place on the lot, add to household inventory, leave there for a while and then try to place it again.
What happens when the bug occurs? I can see the gravestone in my household inventory. I have 2 other gravestones for elders working like normal, but the child's stone blinks out of existence each time I try to place it. I'm able to undo to get it back, but I can't get it to stay on my lot.
What do you expect to see? A solution to place the gravestone on my lot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

This gravestone did live on my lot like normal shortly after the child died. I also had it in a Sims's inventory temporarily as well with no problems. I ended up redecorating my lot, so I put everything in my household inventory (using the backspace key, if that's relevant), then I haven't been able to place it since. I've also moved lots and had the same problem. I did have some CC and a couple mods installed, but since I have removed them and I'm still having this bug. Any help is greatly appreciated. Included a video of this bug as well. It doesn't matter how many times I try to place it, it just keeps disappearing.

Video too large to attach

Edit By Crinrict: Fixed Duplicate Template

Message 30 of 37 (4,426 Views)