[OPEN] Can't move into furnished homes as value is §0

by dolldrms1

Original Post

Re: Can't add a family to a furnished house

Hero (Retired)

@cutycupcakeje  Any house or apartment a sim dies in can't be moved into by another family furnished. The game will always force you to choose unfurnished or bulldozed on these lots. You can go into build mode and replace an item of furniture to allow the family to move in furnished. In houses this will restore the default price of the lot, but in apartments the price will only reflect the single item you replaced. I agree it is a hassle, and it affects any residence a sim dies in.

Message 21 of 61 (3,363 Views)

Cannot move in to apartment in San Myshuno

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1210
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Famous, City Living, Seasons, Get Together, Discover University, Island living, Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Realm of Magic, Spa Day, Strangerville, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Tiny Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm attempting to move my Sim into the IX Landgraab apartment in San Myshuno. If I visit the lot, without a Sim, I am able to see it fully furnished. If I try to move a Sim in, there is no option for me to rent the apartment furnished - it's greyed out. If I move them in, the entire apartment is empty.
What happens when the bug occurs? The apartment is empty when I move them in.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see...furniture? Why is the option not available when the apartment is clearly furnished?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I can't move Sims into the IX Langraab apartment in San Myshuno with the option to have the apartment furnished, despite it clearly being furnished when you look at the lot in the World View. 

Message 22 of 61 (3,307 Views)

Re: Cannot move in to apartment in San Myshuno

Hero
@ldthomson Have you played this game for a while and did someone die that lived there before ?

Try going into build mode, then changing one little thing, go back out and see if that fixes it.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 61 (3,273 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Hi Crin,

Yes, this is my main save file with hundreds of hours played on it, so far. It wasn't one of my sims who lived here, it would have been one of the game's, but yes it's likely that someone died here.

I tried as you said - I went in and deleted a couple of items of furniture and moved a few things around but no avail, the furnished option is still not there when I select it.

Very frustrating, I really like this apartment and I've been working hard to move him into this district in San Myshuno - it's the first time I've done it!
Message 24 of 61 (3,244 Views)

Hero
@ldthomson Merged your post with the very old thread on this though.

Wonder why the workaround's not working anymore.

Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 25 of 61 (3,239 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I have just sent you a private message with it now!
Message 26 of 61 (3,190 Views)

Hero
@ldthomson OK. Sorry, I think I got the workaround backwards.

You need to add an item. Doesn't matter what. After that, you can rent the apartment furnished (cheaper as only that one item now counts. At least you got the furnishing though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 61 (3,159 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

OMG, it worked! I just moved into Uptown for §95!

Message 28 of 61 (3,142 Views)

★ Pro
@crinrict Hope you don't mind that I edited the template to indicate an item would have to be purchased to get a furnished value to appear. Hopefully, anyone reading the report in the future will know immediately what to do.
Message 29 of 61 (3,121 Views)

Hero
@dolldrms1 Course not. It's your post :D

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 30 of 61 (3,103 Views)