[OPEN] Can't move into furnished homes as value is §0

by dolldrms1

Original Post

Furnishings disappear when Sims die

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.32.85.2300
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Bowling night, cats and dogs, city living, get to work
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create non played Sims Move into house or apartment Let Sims die of old age
What happens when the bug occurs? All furnishings and fixtures disappear
What do you expect to see? Furnishings to remain for next family to be moved in
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I don't remember everything disappearing from houses when Sims died before.

Message 31 of 61 (886 Views)

Re: Furnishings disappear when Sims die

★★★ Novice

More info - go into lot before moving family in, it's furnished.

Move family in - furnished option greyed out

Lot empty of furnishings

Message 32 of 61 (882 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Can't move into furnished homes as value is §0

★★ Apprentice

Someone may have already said it, but there's a workaround where if you go into build mode from managed worlds and place just one object, it'll register as furnished again. You can also travel there with a Sim and go back home and it'll be good to go. 

Message 33 of 61 (837 Views)

Moving a household from map view broken

★★ Novice

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
What is your current game version number? 1.73.57.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? SE ECO DU IL S CD CL GT GTW ROM SV PH V DO OR PSP NKSP TLSP LDAP TSP FSP BNSP BSP KRSP MHSP SSP CKSP PPSP LPSP CKK
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? From map view, move a household into another lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? Furnished lots are displayed as unfurnished, even when clearly furnished, most of the time. In [CL] apartments I was unable to enter the owned apartment, but I could enter build mode.
What do you expect to see? The ability to purchase houses with furnishings and be able to enter apartments after moving.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I've only had this problem since the 4/27/2021 patch update.

Moving from a phone while in live mode allowed me to move my family into the apartment, and have access to it. I haven't tested this with the ECO apartments.

Message 34 of 61 (854 Views)

Re: Moving a household from map view broken

Hero
@LadyBugger15 Were there other families living there previously that died ?
Does it happen on a new save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 35 of 61 (840 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict I'm unsure as I've been playing for generations but it's likely that there were Sims that have lived there previously who have died. I'll test it in a new save just now.
Message 36 of 61 (833 Views)

★★ Novice
@crinrict it doesn't happen in a new save, I can buy furnished lots and access the apartments after moving from map view.
Message 37 of 61 (824 Views)

Hero
@LadyBugger15 For the apartment you can't move into, try entering in build mode and buy one item. Then leave and see if you can move in furnished again

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 38 of 61 (802 Views)

Unfurnished houses when family dies

★★★★ Novice

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Italiano
What is your current game version number? 1.75
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? You'll find houses unfurnished
What happens when the bug occurs? The houses will look unfurnished
What do you expect to see? I would like to know if there's a way, a mod, something, to let the houses stay furnished when the family dies.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I don't know if it's a bug or if there's a way to fix it, but it's really unpleasant because when you play a legacy for a very long time (I'm like on 20th gen), it means that almost every house in every world is unfurnished now when you move someone in. I don't have "backup houses", nor the willing to furnish them all again. Is there a way to stop this? Thank you. 

Message 39 of 61 (737 Views)

Re: Unfurnished houses when family dies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Dia4lit I merged your post with existing thread on this. Could you try the workaround given ?

Enter in build mode and add something small to the lot. That should make it furnished again

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 40 of 61 (715 Views)