Re: Apartments emptying after death of last sim

by Skyler1802

Original Post

Apartments emptying after death of last sim

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, Get to Work, City Living, Dine Out, Parenthood, Kids Room Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a household whilst having another single elderly sim household simultaneously living in an apartment. Wait for them to die. Attempt to move into that apartment after they die.
What happens when the bug occurs? House can not be bought furnished although furniture is still there in map view. Furniture still there in build mode. Attempted to save lot to the gallery so I could bulldoze and replace. Option was greyed out. Had active sim visit, obviously couldn't enter house has no one lives there. Furniture has now vanished from map view and build mode. Have already followed these instructions (https://sims4.crinrict.com/eng/2015/07/lots-cant-be-bought-furnished/) but they are very likely to be outdated now)
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to move into an apartment despite the previous owner dying there. Overtime, this bug renders San Myshuno unplayable because eventually every lot would have had the last remaining sim die there. I do not want to accept 'refurnish every lot' as a solution.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Unfortunately I'm not sure if this has happened after the new 1.53 update, may not be due to the new update because people have complained about this for years, but it has never been fixed.

Message 11 of 61 (1,126 Views)

Hero
@Skyler1802 Merging with existing thread. I don't think the issue is any different now than it was before.

Did you try just moving in unfurnished ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 12 of 61 (1,115 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

@crinrict wrote:
@Skyler1802Merging with existing thread. I don't think the issue is any different now than it was before.

Did you try just moving in unfurnished ?

Thank you @crinrict 

Just tried to move in unfurnished, worked as it was supposed to unfortunately, the apartment had no furniture inside. 

Message 13 of 61 (1,105 Views)

Hero
@Skyler1802 Was that an apartment you visited before or just a random one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 61 (1,093 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict It was the apartment that I knew was giving me trouble - 930 medina studios. On the map view it looked furnished, but the furnished option was still greyed out.

The other apartments, I could go into build mode, change one item and the apartment would appear furnished - just with a really low price. I saw just 70 simoleons for the furniture in one apartment! This little glitch makes it was easier for poorer families to move in
Message 15 of 61 (1,077 Views)

Hero
@Skyler1802 Found an old save of mine which had some apartment lots emptied and yeah, seems you have to changed something in buy mode first, then buy it. I guess I should make it clear on my post with solution is for which issue (the visiting with another Sim is actually for the crime scene issue)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 16 of 61 (1,067 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice
@crinrict in your save, does the furnished price always return to the original furnished price? even if i sell and replace an item with an identical item, the price is different? much lower, never more expensive.
Message 17 of 61 (1,056 Views)

Hero
@Skyler1802 No it doesn't. You only pay for the furniture you add.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 61 (1,048 Views)

★ Apprentice

So weird Frown

Message 19 of 61 (1,043 Views)

Re: Can't add a family to a furnished house

★★★ Newbie
@jpkarlsen hi there, i’m having the problem and tried this but at every house the furniture is actually gone. i get that i could replace them (save lot from other world to library yadayada) but its about ALL the houses so i really don’t have time to replace them all either Frown
Message 20 of 61 (988 Views)