by LadyAelswith

Original Post

[OPEN] Can't move into furnished homes as value is §0

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All but Island Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to rent apt. where former owner has died. Can't rent furnished as furnishing value shown as $0.
What happens when the bug occurs? Can't rent apartment as furnished but can be worked around. Enter via build mode, make small changes and then option to rent furnished is present. It will be necessary to purchase an item to get a furnished value to appear.
What do you expect to see? Some value for furnishings to remain to complete rental.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Edited to add bug template per Crinrict's request.

Issue

IX Landgraab, Landgraab Apts. in SM did not have an option to rent furnished.  I guess this was because it showed $0 as the value of the furnishings.

I entered in build mode, found very nice furniture present, so I deleted a couple of items from the closet and added the new vanity with a chair.  This caused a small value for furnishings to show up and enabled renting furnished.  Got into that great view apartment with furniture showing a value of less than $600, lol.

Steps you took for Issue to occur

Was trying to move sim in when I discovered no furnished option.  Checked description more carefully and saw no value shown for furniture.

Picture

Didn't take one.

Where does the bug occur ?

Save existing prior to installing VG.

Mods/CC

Vanilla game.

Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs

All content released to date.

Occurring since

It may have been this way since CL was released.  This was the first time I decided to move a sim into that apartment.

Operating system

Windows 10 Home, fully updated

Message 1 of 61 (14,141 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] IX Landgraab Apt. Furnishing Value Error

Hero

Did the family that used to live there die in your game or did you evict them ? I have this on some of the apartments and houses in my game where the original owners have died off.Not all but a few. 

It's fine when you start a new game and evict the family. 

It seems the furniture is not there anymore after they died off but it's there if they are in build mode so you can get it cheap

Definitely sounds fishy though, so I'll add it for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 61 (14,019 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] IX Landgraab Apt. Furnishing Value Error

[ Edited ]
★ Pro

Good call, Crin.  Checking your blog with family list reminded me that would have been the apt. that the Feng family lived in and they have passed on in my game.  I haven't played them yet and I  didn't recall anyone having lived in the building.  I hadn't checked out that apt. building before now.

I hadn't realized that furnishing value could slip to a big fat 0, if prior owners died.  I only play 4 sim families on average in any one save and tend to have them in homes that can be passed down to generations rather than move them around.  I've moved sims around more since installing CL to see more of the apt lot trait results, or check out issues.

Thank you for clearing up the mystery.  Sure seems like the value of a home or apt. should remain at the amount as when placed or loaded, if owners have died.  Design flaw, or, some sort of depreciation kicking in, I wonder Standard smile  Either way, at least I could enter and establish a value so I could rent the unit furnished, thank goodness.  At least there was a workaround.  My sim scored a good value this time, lol.

Message 3 of 61 (14,008 Views)

Re: IX Landgraab Apt. Furnishing Value Error

Hero

I've added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 61 (13,964 Views)
Highlighted

Can't add a family to a furnished house

★ Guide

Basically this happens whenever a sim has died in a lot, i try and add another family into the house but i can't pick the furnished option? Its greyed out.. They have the right amount of money, it happens with every house if someone has died..

Message 5 of 61 (13,846 Views)

Re: Can't add a family to a furnished house

Champion (Retired)

Try to select unfurnished and move in. The Furniture should be there anyway. It is as if the game thinks that there are no furniture there if the previous owner died.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 6 of 61 (13,821 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Can't move into furnished homes as value is §0

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hello, I want to say that I have the exact same problem with the same appartment etc. I ended up saving the rooms in my library of the appartment in my extra save and replaced the rooms in my main save with basically the same rooms. It is really annoying because with appartments some items from rooms also dissapear when you place them for example curtains and stairs which is meant to happen but makes replacing rooms with the same rooms even more difficult. Edit: It isn’t that bad of a bug because now you can get some houses for really cheap or free but if I would want that I could also just use cheats like freerealestate so I still hope it gets fixed.

Message 7 of 61 (11,367 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

NVM ..

Thanks for filling out the form @dolldrms1 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 61 (11,347 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hello, I found a workaround by travelling to it as you mentioned on your blog so it isn't that big of an issue anymore. So I don't really feel the need for making a bug report, this bug is going on for a really long time and It doesn't bother me that much.

Message 9 of 61 (11,335 Views)

Hero
I've added this back.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 61 (11,296 Views)