Re: Unfurnished houses when family dies

by crinrict

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

The workaround works with the latest pack? With the interior designer career I furnished one room. The rest of the house is still empty tho. 

Message 41 of 61 (715 Views)

Hero
@Dia4lit Was it completely empty in build mode as well ? You would probably need to do it through normal build mode.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 42 of 61 (702 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Yes it was completely empty. I tried in normal build mode too. I put down some decor, exited, loaded back in and still empty. 

Message 43 of 61 (682 Views)

Hero
@Dia4lit Hm, and you never had Sims living there that you moved out ? Usually it just looks empty and doesn't cost any money but once you go in in build mode, all is there.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 44 of 61 (673 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Not that I moved out no. There were people who probably died in that house hence why is empty now. 

Message 45 of 61 (659 Views)

Hero
@Dia4lit I wonder if something changed. There has been an issue since 2016 when the family dies but furniture was always there when you enter build mode from the map and you could make the lot work again that way.

Did you do a gig there ? Maybe that now messes the lots up completely.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 46 of 61 (654 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@crinrict Nope, I did not. I didn't even ever entered in this house before. Frown
Message 47 of 61 (641 Views)

Hero
@Dia4lit I'm afraid if the workaround doesn't work, all you can do i just replace the house with a furnished one from the gallery

If you want to refurnish original houses, you can just start a new game, upload the houses to your library and then start your normal game and redownload the furnished versions.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 48 of 61 (628 Views)

Hero
@Dia4lit Are you using MCCC at all ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 49 of 61 (596 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Yes, I've been using it. I removed it to try your workaround but usually yes, I have it. 

Message 50 of 61 (558 Views)