by KatAnubis

Original Post

[OPEN] Can’t fish in stocked ponds

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Ponds will not allow fishing, even when they are stocked with fish. Other fishing spots are working fine
What happens when the bug occurs? Ponds will be fully stocked, but fishing will still not be allowed. When clicking on the bond, the “Fishing” icon is gray and asks you to stock the pond.
What do you expect to see? Sims should be able to fish in ponds when they are stocked with fish
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The patch that brought the ponds to the base game

None

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 5 (9,482 Views)

Re: Can’t fish in stocked ponds

Hero
@MaryFleenor Ponds you build or pre-made ponds ?

If it's your own, could you try this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Feedback/Can-t-fish-in-pond/m-p/10530842 ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (9,462 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Can’t fish in stocked ponds

★★★ Newbie
@MaryFleenor I had this problem and I was messing around with the terrain tool. The cause of the pond not allowing you to fish in you own pond is because it’s too deep. Ponds are supposed to be like huge puddles. If it’s deep it’s not a pond it’s a lake. (Ik this reply is late:P)
Message 3 of 5 (8,669 Views)

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? 100% (in this save)
What is your current game version number? 1.94.147.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Bust the Dust
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to fish in a pond you've made with terrain tools on your residential lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? Even though the pond sign (which is sitting in the water) has fish "stocked", when I attempt to have the Sim fish, the "fish" or "fish with bait" are greyed out, with the message saying that the pond needs to be stocked. I'm playing on a lot which I usually use for PlantSims and I've never had this problem before.
What do you expect to see? She should be able to fish.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No. It's a new save without any mods or CC playing the PlantSim scenario.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Because of the new January 17th, 2023 patch, I'm playing completely without mods or CC in a brand-new save. 

Message 4 of 5 (5,878 Views)

★★ Pro

So yeah.. How is this supposed to work? I went all RTFM and actually took a look at the tutorial about ponds and it turns out that my pond that I was testing was indeed shallow so I assume fishing should work in it. The heat map showed my whole pond as green (or whatever you want to call that colour that indicates water depth being shallow) and I've tried moving the sign in different places in it but it just won't work.

With this few reports on it I wasn't sure if it's an actual bug or is it just me not knowing how to build it properly but what I can tell from the instructions from the tutorial, I did build it correctly. Yet I can't fish in it.

Message 5 of 5 (2,228 Views)