[OPEN] Can't disable Neighbourhood Stories (Completely/part)

by khitteh

Original Post

Re: Can't disable Neighbourhood Stories

Hero
@khitteh For me it has been working fine. Stuff I turned off isn't happening but I haven't entirely turned it off.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 104 (2,590 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have this same problem! I didn't even realise until a few sim days into playing, I checked the stories on the mailbox and even though I disabled move in and move out, sims had been moving in and moving out! So I decided to turn all neighbourhood stories off but they all kept going! Every time I checked the mailbox new things were happing despite me having 'disabled' neighbourhood stories. I can't play my game like this - it sucks! Someone help.

Message 12 of 104 (2,543 Views)

★★★ Pro

I often read change SP-settings only work, for some people, if they restart the game. Don’t forget to check for updates by mailbox. You get each day 3-4 messages, so you can still have old *story progress notifications* before you uncheck some situations. (The game only shows one message from this 3-4!)

I don’t had any problem to disable story progress complete in settings (was my first step after patch)

Message 13 of 104 (2,517 Views)

Hero
@PinchOfDizzy There's a thread for the moving in/out specifically here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sims-Moving-Into-Residential-Lots-Without-Permission/td-p/1137...

Do the other settings work for you or is it just about moving in/out for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 104 (2,456 Views)

[ Edited ]

In my game, I wouldn‘t say things are ruined, but I definitely had things happen that the specific families were not allowed to do. For example a family adopted despite not being allowed to (they were allowed to have a baby though), someone died from an accident who shouldn‘t have and a sim in my active household decided to switch careers in her sleep. Also it‘s a bit of a shame that the ordinary deaths by old age aren‘t mentioned on the mailbox. 

Message 15 of 104 (2,439 Views)

★★★ Novice

All settings I have problems with.

Message 16 of 104 (2,409 Views)

Hero
@PinchOfDizzy OK. Thanks for clarifying

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 17 of 104 (2,365 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

I disabled Neighbourhood Stories for played and unplayed households first on world map and then also in game settings and exited game (make sure you clear/update all stories via mailbox first and have game saved after clearing them). Then loaded a new game with it all disabled, then exited game again. Then opened game again and re-enabled in game settings, and re-enabled Neighbourhood Stories and individual options on world map.

The settings for individual options on the world map now seem to work, so try disabling in game settings exit game and load new game etc as above.

Message 18 of 104 (2,197 Views)

Sims 4 Story Progression Turned Off But Still Happens

★★★ Newbie

Hi, 

I have the story progression turned off for both my played and unplayed houses.  But it still happens, when I check the mailbox sims will still die from cowplants etc. even though I turned accidental death off and turned story progression off in general.  How do I fix this?  I have many households on my save in specific jobs and I don't want them dying or moving out or adopting kids.  

Message 19 of 104 (2,150 Views)

Re: Sims 4 Story Progression Turned Off But Still Happens

★★★★★ Expert
@TomMAlexander It is embedded in games, and it seems to be very buggy, you can't turn it off. Alas, we are waiting for the patch.
Message 20 of 104 (2,124 Views)