Re: neighborhood stories custom settings not following the settings

by YESIMAWEIRDO

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

I tried and that did not work, in fact it kept happening even when it was turned off completely.

Message 51 of 104 (1,421 Views)

Hero
@YESIMAWEIRDO I merged your post with the bug report then.

Please click me too on the first post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 52 of 104 (1,390 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Can't disable Neighbourhood Stories

★ Guide

In my current save, I never even turned them on and Neighborhood Stories is killing off sims anyway.  I've had at least 3 die to accidents.  It might be more; I only checked when I saw a ghost in town.

Message 53 of 104 (1,324 Views)

Hero
@Felicat82 Did you check if they are really off ? They are on by default although I'm currently not sure without checking if the one in options is a per save or a global setting.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 54 of 104 (1,300 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Maybe a dumb question, but did you turn off Neightborhood Stories for both "my households" AND "other households"?

For some reason, you need to disable it in both tabs in the Manage Households window. If you only disable it for My Households, every family that hasn't been played by you at one point will still have NS on.

Message 55 of 104 (1,239 Views)

Seriously, How do I stop unplayed families having babies?

★★★ Newbie

This has been a problem since neighourhood stories was introduced, even though I specified for no families to have babies. And then I turned off neighbourhood stories totally, thinking "that'll solve it."

It did not. After playing with the new werewolves pack for a few days WITH NEIGHBOURHOOD STORIES DISABLED, the Volkov family had a marriage, a new baby and moved to Tartosa!

I have counted THIRTY-SIX families with babies in my unplayed category, including the Ward, the Langraab, Vegas, Fyres and Fen households.

PLEASE! Someone, please, tell me how to end this nonsense.

Message 56 of 104 (1,215 Views)

Sims keep adoping

★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.62
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Non
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a several new households set them to my households, turn off stories then change households and just wait for crap to go wrong.
What happens when the bug occurs? I just created 3 or 4 new Sims and two of them which are active households adopted children dispute neighborhood stories being disabled
What do you expect to see? If Neighborhood stories is disabled my played sims should NOT be adopting random chidden and ruining my world building
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The recent 1.6 patch introduced countless bugs

So even if you have nighboorhood stories off your Sims can adopt auto generated sims... Great as if they weren't enough being constantly auto generated in the neighborhood now I haft to constantly pay attention to my own damn Sims to make sure they don't randomly decide to add sims I don't want around to my actively played households. 

Message 57 of 104 (1,171 Views)

Re: Sims keep adoping

★★★ Apprentice

Since the last patch, I have been experiencing the same problem. Neighborhood Stories are disabled both in households UI & gameplay settings, yet my sims (PLAYED SIMS & UNPLAYED SIMS ALIKE) keep marrying randomly, moving in and out of houses, and messing up all my legacy families. I have been trying to force control over them with MCCC yet I just can't stop them. It is unbearable, unmanageable. I never had this issue before, I am so frustrated already.

Please release a hotfix for this! I already tried all of the "fixes" and "workarounds" that are suggested under this thread.

Message 58 of 104 (1,113 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Same. Realized I had a few sims missing for some reason and MC Command had mentioned there were children being adopted into another family ( was from a townie family) and I had got confused why this was happening did a townie die around somewhere in the neighborhood? Then I clicked on the mailbox and I kept getting multiple updates for neighborhood stories one being of the rando townie that died along with other people that have died, moved out or moved it along with dropping their career. I only have adopt a pet and retire form a career active for NPC's my active households don't have anything on for neighborhood stories and it doesn't even recognize this.

Message 59 of 104 (1,095 Views)

★★ Guide

My game(s) are a complete mess with this feature. Sims are constantly moving in and out of houses like they can't even stay in one house for very long. Households have like 5 townie adopted kids and 5 dogs/cats or whatever. I'm losing my sims from the constant deaths. I don't play with aging on so none of this makes any sense so it's complete chaos. I made a married couple and moved them into a new home. Then I went to play my usual household and not even 5 minutes (no joke) into playing them I find out in my notifications that the wife got pregnant and the husband died. WHYYY. This is CHAOS. I'm just gonna say that not only do those townies move out of those houses but they TAKE THE FURNITURE WITH THEM. They do not sell it all the time! So I have shells all in my worlds! Shutting off progressions fail and it's been an issue since like what? December and still not fixed? Geez.... 

I want to be an interior decorator from the Dream Home pack but how am I supposed to play this pack with this feature making sims move so often and for absolute no reason?!?

Message 60 of 104 (1,042 Views)