Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: Can't click and drag food my Sim did not make.

by crinrict

Original Post

Highlighted

[OPEN] Can't click and drag food my Sim did not make

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Hire a caterer for a party and try to drag the finished food into the fridge or sink. You can't.
What happens when the bug occurs? Try to click and drag... Nothing haooens. I have to have a Sim actually do a clean up or out away interaction.
What do you expect to see? I should be able to click and drag into a fridge or sink without having my Sim do it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. December patch.

Pretty self explanatory. I noticed this in dorms first, but it makes a bit more sense there. It isn't yours you can't drag it. However it's a big bug when you have a party and hire a caterer and have plates EVERYWHERE that need to be manually cleaned up or put away. 

EDIT by Crinrict: Changed tag and added Version number

Message 1 of 6 (351 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@jjrose310 Did you test this without mods installed ? I can't speak for caterers but I haven't had any issues with food made in dorms.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (306 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Novice

I haven't had a chance yet... But it didn't happen before with custom content. I didn't download more after the update and I don't have any script mods. 

Message 3 of 6 (265 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@jjrose310 Any cc/mod can get outdated with patches. So it could be an existing mod/cc that worked before.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 6 (259 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Novice

I also have this issue, didn't know it was a bug. It makes parties annoying sometimes because the caterer won't always put the cake in a place where the game will allow you to add candles but you can't move it

Message 5 of 6 (231 Views)
Highlighted

★★ Newbie

I also have this issue. Reinstalled the game, cleared caches and tried again but the problem reoccurs. I also have issues with my sim stopping cooking several times during the action. I have to direct them to continue. 

Message 6 of 6 (191 Views)