Highlighted
Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Can't click and drag food my Sim did not make

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Hire a caterer for a party and try to drag the finished food into the fridge or sink. You can't.
What happens when the bug occurs? Try to click and drag... Nothing haooens. I have to have a Sim actually do a clean up or out away interaction.
What do you expect to see? I should be able to click and drag into a fridge or sink without having my Sim do it.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. December patch.

Pretty self explanatory. I noticed this in dorms first, but it makes a bit more sense there. It isn't yours you can't drag it. However it's a big bug when you have a party and hire a caterer and have plates EVERYWHERE that need to be manually cleaned up or put away. 

EDIT by Crinrict: Changed tag and added Version number

Message 1 of 16 (6,296 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Can't click and drag food my Sim did not make

Hero

After a caterer has made food for your social event, you can drag this around now to place it where you like, useful for getting candles on a cake if your caterer isn’t great at placing the cake somewhere useful.

Fixed in Patch 1.102.190/1.82

Please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 16 of 16 (1,705 Views)

All Replies

Re: Can't click and drag food my Sim did not make.

Hero
@jjrose310 Did you test this without mods installed ? I can't speak for caterers but I haven't had any issues with food made in dorms.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 16 (6,157 Views)

★ Apprentice

I haven't had a chance yet... But it didn't happen before with custom content. I didn't download more after the update and I don't have any script mods. 

Message 3 of 16 (6,115 Views)

Hero
@jjrose310 Any cc/mod can get outdated with patches. So it could be an existing mod/cc that worked before.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 16 (6,109 Views)

★ Apprentice

I also have this issue, didn't know it was a bug. It makes parties annoying sometimes because the caterer won't always put the cake in a place where the game will allow you to add candles but you can't move it

Message 5 of 16 (6,081 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also have this issue. Reinstalled the game, cleared caches and tried again but the problem reoccurs. I also have issues with my sim stopping cooking several times during the action. I have to direct them to continue. 

Message 6 of 16 (6,045 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Can't click and drag food my Sim did not make

★★★ Guide

I see this as well, but I always thought it was because your Sim does not own the item? For example, a caterer NPC making a meal, none of your active Sims made it so we can't drag it somewhere else. I've seen that time and time again, anything my household makes I can drag, anything an NPC makes I can't because my Sim doesn't "own" it. I've never had a problem with room/dormmates though, I've always been able to drag what they bring home.

Message 7 of 16 (5,844 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@jjrose310
I have this issue now too … I’m on PS4 and have almost all of the packs
Message 8 of 16 (3,920 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue but literally cannot fix it in any way. I had a bunch of cakes made by NPCs that I put in the fridge to save for later. Then my sim made a cake and put candles on it and put THAT in the fridge. The cakes stacked and now I can neither drag the cakes out nor have my sims "take a piece" since it would be rude to take a piece before the candles have been blown out. This means that it's stuck in the fridge. Not only that, but my sim finished the master chef aspiration and no food she makes will spoil. I am just hoping that the rest of the cakes can still spoil even though they're in the same stack. If anyone figures out a way to fix the bug, PLEASE let me know.

Message 9 of 16 (3,105 Views)

Champion
@TOOMUCHDOG223 Since your Sim’s cake will never spoil, it doesn’t technically need to be in the fridge. Have you tried opening the stack and dragging your own cake out, leaving the rest available for your Sims to grab a slice?

I always thought this was by design. I can tell my Sims to “put away” what NPCs cooked, but can’t drag it myself.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 10 of 16 (3,083 Views)