[OPEN] Can't clean dishes/trash in ladder only houses

by lindirlynx

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Can't clean dishes/trash in ladder only houses

★ Guide

This also happens with laundry: If you have laundry on the second floor and the washing machine is on the first floor, the sim picks the laundry up and puts it instantly down again.

I ended up adding a staircase to my house because of that.

Message 11 of 15 (618 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Can't clean dishes/trash in ladder only houses

★★★ Guide

To add to the list of "things Sims won't carry up/down ladders" - I had a composting toilet on a different floor as the insect box.  I forget the exact sequence of events now, but I remember a mess on the ground, then in the Sim's inventory, then making her wash her hands a few times afterwards.. The insects never did get fed.

Message 12 of 15 (573 Views)

Re: Sims wont clean dishes or spoiled food

★★★★★ Apprentice

I think sometimes wall shelves are to blame.

My sims do the same and if I then check wall shelves they will have placed dirty dishes there at one point and for some reason they can't get to it and clean it after they put it there. So when you want the sim to clean dishes you see on the lot, and they can't get the ones you can't see on the selves, they just won't do it.

Message 13 of 15 (533 Views)

Re: Sims wont clean dishes or spoiled food

★★★★★ Apprentice

I am having this issue as well, I have mostly noticed it with having a bookcase on the 2nd story. The Sim is able to go to the bookshelf and take the book down the ladder, but cannot go up the ladder to put the book away. They just end up leaving the book on the floor and falling out of queue.

Message 14 of 15 (503 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Can't clean dishes/trash in ladder only houses

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

As far as I can tell, it is by design. There is a line in a tuning file that clearly states that Sims can't use ladders if they are carrying something.

I've made a mod to disable this limitation (among other small tweaks) that you can use for the time being. I'm not sure I'm allowed to post links there but you can find it on ModTheSims and it's called "Better Ladders".

Message 15 of 15 (442 Views)