by lindirlynx

Original Post

[OPEN] Can't clean dishes/trash in ladder only houses

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EP, All GP except parenthood, SPs 1,2,4,5,6,8,9,11,13,16
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a house without stairs, only ladders (or use the default container build in Evergreen Harbour). Place, trash, laundry, a book or dirty dishes on one floor and try to get your sim to take care of them when the required target object (ie a sink etc) is on another floor.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims pick up the item and instantly puts it down again. That or takes their plate of food or drink or book and carries it up the ladder and puts it down instantly. (Ignoring any seating on the ground floor.) They're then unable to carry it back downstairs.
What do you expect to see? For my sims to be able to carry stuff up or down a ladder like they would a normal stair or not at all. I don't care if they have to puut the thing in their inventory to do so but I would like them to either do it "normally" or just default to the floor they're on.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Eco living patch and/or installing that pack

Here's a video of it.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title

Message 3 of 15 (4,262 Views)

Sims wont clean dishes or spoiled food

★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Laundry day, toddler stuff, cats and dogs, seasons, get together, get to work, discover university, get famous, city living, island living, dine out, outdoor retreat, parent hood, spa day, tiny living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Click on a plate then clean up, the sim moves the plate to a certain spot but doesnt clean it
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will move the plate/cup to an area and not clean up
What do you expect to see? A toddler bathe until hygiene is full
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

When a sim has finsined a meal or has dirty plates lying around, I click on the plate/ cup to clean up, but instead they move it to the same spot every time rather than cleaning up. 

Message 1 of 15 (4,229 Views)

Re: Sims wont clean dishes or spoiled food

Hero

Hi @AshMasters17 

Would you mind sending me your save ? Instructions in my signature

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 15 (4,207 Views)

Re: Ladder bug

★★★ Novice

me too, also happens when trying to take recycled trash to the recycling machine on a different level.

the sound she makes in that vid after dropping the stuff is me at all of these bugs lmao. i wanna play so bad but all the bugs are ruining gameplay massively!

Message 4 of 15 (4,173 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Ladder bug

★★★★★ Novice

I know right? It's awful.

Message 5 of 15 (4,167 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Ive followed the instructions, but how do I share the file from Google Drive?

Message 6 of 15 (4,179 Views)

Hero
@AshMasters17 If you right-click on the upload there should be the option to get the link. Make sure it's public so I don't need permissin.

Then copy that link and paste it in a PM.

Do let me know which household I need to test

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 15 (4,175 Views)

Hero
@AshMasters17 I tested your save and it has to do with the fact that Sims can't carry dishes up ladders. The idiot Sim uses the sink in the upper bathroom but can't get there cause of the ladder.

So you got basically this bug: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Children-Use-Far-Away-Sink-for-Dishes-instead-of/t...

BUT since the error will probably also be triggered when you have dishes upstairs and downstairs like described in this thread: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Ladder-bug/m-p/9200215

If you're ok I'll merge your post with that other post as that already has 2 me toos which will get lost if I do it the other way round

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 15 (4,153 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Okay thanks! makes sense i guess? lol 

yeah you can merge with the other thread, no problem

Message 9 of 15 (4,150 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Can't clean dishes/trash in ladder only houses

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm also having this problem. I built a smallish house, with a loft room upstairs with a ladder and deck, but my sims won't take the dirty plates or laundry down stairs. I could build a staircase but that defeats the point of having a small house.

Message 10 of 15 (3,949 Views)