Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Can't clean dishes on big round tables

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims 4 Laundry Day Stuff , The Sims 4 Cats and Dogs, The Sims 4 Toddler Stuff , The Sims 4 Fitness Stuff, The Sims 4 Parenthood , The Sims 4 Bowling Night Stuff , The Sims 4 Vampires , The Sims 4 Vintage Glamour Stuff, The Sims 4 City Living, The Sims 4 Backyard Stuff, The Sims 4 Kids Room Stuff, The Sims 4 Dine Out , The Sims 4 Romantic Garden Stuff, The Sims 4 Movie Hangout Stuff, The Sims 4 Get Together Expansion Pack, The Sims 4 Spooky Stuff , The Sims 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff, The Sims 4 Spa Day, The Sims 4 Perfect Patio Stuff , The Sims 4 Luxury Party Stuff , The Sims 4 Get to Work Expansion Pack, The Sims 4 Outdoor Retreat , The Sims 4 Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim eat something with table set, Try to clean up afterwards with sim still sitting (Must be the new table that came with Laundry Day Stuff)
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will be unable to clean up dishes, it will not recognize that there is a trash can or sink on lot, The placemat on the table will vanish once the plate of food is set on it
What do you expect to see? The placemat should not disappear when food is placed on it, and the clean up option should be available before making the sim stand up
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Disappearing Placemats:

Before the grilled cheese is set down:

pic 1.PNG

After:

pic 2.PNG

Inability to clean dishes sitting:

When you try to clean the plate sitting

pic 3.png

Once you stand:

pic 4.PNG

Message 1 of 24 (7,672 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Last Exception

Hero

Sims that were seated at a 6 seat round table can now Clean up the dishes.
○ Sadly, all the children who had thought they had found the magic loophole, stay seated at the table, are no longer…
■ …right… like any kid ever stays seated at the table.

Fixed in Patch 1.59.73

I hope they fixed all the tables this time. If not, please create a new thread, stating which tables still have issues.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 24 of 24 (5,961 Views)

All Replies

Re: [TO TEST] [LDSP] Can't clean dishes on LDSP table

Hero

The vanishing place mats are a general issue. Thread can be found here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-PH-Vanishing-Placemats/td-p/6442988/jump-to/first-unrea...

Using this for the other issue (need to test)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 24 (7,540 Views)

[TO ADD] [LDSP] Sim can't clean dish on Dinner's On table while sitting @ table

Hero (Retired)

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place the Dinner's On! by Crockery Kitchen table from the Laundry Day stuff pack. Add chairs to the table. Place required counters/refrigerator/sink so that a sim can create a meal. Also place a trash bin. Have the sim create a meal and then eat it while sitting at the table. When the sim is finished, click on the empty plate and try to select the clean option.
What happens when the bug occurs? The "clean" option does not appear; there is only a "throw away" option, but it is greyed out (regardless of the number and type of trash cans on the lot - you can experiment with placing several). If you have the sim get up from the table, the "clean" option will then be available again on the plate. However, with other tables in the game, the "clean" option is available while the sim is sitting at the table.
What do you expect to see? I expect to be able to select the "clean" option while the sim is seated at the table, as I can with other tables.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. New object in the Laundry Day stuff pack

Here is an image of the issue:

Screenshot (3).png

Message 3 of 24 (7,519 Views)

Re: [TO ADD] [LDSP] Sim can't clean dish on Dinner's On table while sitting @ ta

★★★ Guide
I'm having the same issue as described above but for me the "clean" option stays greyed even when the sims are not sitting on the table thus making it impossible to get rid of the dishes. Managed to get around the bug with testingcheats and debigging the sims, table and the plate, but it occurs again every time.

-addu
Message 4 of 24 (7,421 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [LDSP] Can't clean dishes on LDSP table

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 24 (7,406 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [LDSP] Can't clean dishes on LDSP table

★★★★ Pro
The dishes bug does not only occur with the laundry table but also with the big round table from Backyard Stuff. It has been there from the beginning.
Message 6 of 24 (7,382 Views)

Circular dining tables; can not clear dishes from them

★ Novice

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims 4 Limited Edition, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day, Toddler Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Holiday Celecbration, Life of the Party.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? elect one of the new circular shaped dining tables from the Laundry Day or Jungle Adventure packs. Place the table and add chairs (any type). have the Sims eat/drink at the table. Wait to see if the Sims can interact with any of the dirty dishes after eating at those types of table.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sims will sit and eat at the tables as normal, but once they have finished eating or drinking, the dirty dishes will not be cleaned up. When they are clicked on the only option is "Throw away" but this is greyed out and a pop-up says something similar to "There is no trash can on the lot". I have bins in the kitchen, bathroom and a main rubbish bin outside but the plates will not show as being able to throw them away. I cannot drag them to the bin either. They cannot be washed, this is not an option that shows up at all. The Sims will not interact with any dishes at all once they have come into contact with the circular tables. Please help me; these circular dining tables are so lovely but I have never been able to use them and I do not know what I am doing wrong.
What do you expect to see? The Sims eat or drink at the circular table then clear the dishes away like they would at every other table.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Laundry Day

What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims 4 Limited Edition, Cats & Dogs, City Living, Get Together, Get to Work, Jungle Adventure, Parenthood, Dine Out, Spa Day, Outdoor Retreat, Laundry Day, Toddler Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Holiday Celecbration, Life of the Party.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Select one of the new circular shaped dining tables from the Laundry Day or Jungle Adventure packs. Place the table and add chairs (any type). have the Sims eat/drink at the table. Wait to see if the Sims can interact with any of the dirty dishes after eating at those types of table.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Sims will sit and eat at the tables as normal, but once they have finished eating or drinking, the dirty dishes will not be cleaned up. When they are clicked on the only option is "Throw away" but this is greyed out and a pop-up says something similar to "There is no trash can on the lot". I have bins in the kitchen, bathroom and a main rubbish bin outside but the plates will not show as being able to throw them away. I cannot drag them to the bin either. They cannot be washed, this is not an option that shows up at all. The Sims will not interact with any dishes at all once they have come into contact with the circular tables. Please help me; these circular dining tables are so lovely but I have never been able to use them and I do not know what I am doing wrong.
What do you expect to see? The Sims eat or drink at the circular table then clear the dishes away like they would at every other table.
Please describe the patch or change you made. Laundry Day when the circular dining table was first introduced.

Message 7 of 24 (7,301 Views)

Re: Circular dining tables; can not clear dishes from them

[ Edited ]
★★ Expert

hi. i'm using the Dinner's On! table. i also see the greyed-out "throw away" option when Sims are seated but, unlike @Irritate and @adduapina's (if i understood you correctly), mine *can* interact with dishes/glasses and will pick them up and wash them autonomously after they finish the meal/drink.

Message 8 of 24 (7,287 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Just an update to note that the Round Selvadoradian Dining Table from the Jungle Adventures pack has the same bug.

Message 9 of 24 (7,194 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
I think it's all of them. Changed the title accordingly

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 24 (7,185 Views)