Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Can't clean dishes cause of missing trash can (there is one)

by Sid1701d9

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice

This happens to me occasionally with the...I forgot the name...the trash can you don't have to empty. If it's "eating" at the time you try to clean dishes or throw something away, you get that message. It seems to also sometimes happen if another sim is interacting with the nearest trash can. I find that simply waiting briefly (until the automatic trash can is "finished eating" for example) and trying again almost always makes it work.

Message 11 of 45 (1,781 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Guide

That is also happens in some lots with pc if you have access to the cheats that allow you to put objects on your head put the trashcan on your head and you can through it away.

Message 12 of 45 (1,766 Views)

Re: I Have A Trash Can, But Objects I Have To Clean Say I Still Need One

★★★ Apprentice

This is happening to me too. It's not an issue of the trashcan being inaccessible. Last night I was playing and they were able to use the trash. I opened up the game without any changes to the lot and now it's telling me I have no trash can on the lot. 

Message 13 of 45 (4,714 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@oxfordsplice 

This can happen if the indoor trashcan is full and you do not have one of the big outdoor trashcans or it is inaccessible.

Click on the indoor trashcan and see if you can empty it. You can also buy the Nano trashcan which never needs emptying.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please only PM me when asked to do so. Questions and answers belong here so everyone can benefit from them.
Message 14 of 45 (4,695 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

First problem with this is that the trashcan was not full. I know because I had the sims empty it before I closed my game. This has also happened when I've playtested builds for the first time and there literally is no trash to empty. 

Second problem is that in all of these cases the big outdoor trashcans are present and they are accessible. I don't place them with MOO.

Third problem is that if the outdoor trashcan works one day but not the next. I should not have to rebuy an item every time I open my game.

Message 15 of 45 (4,654 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Can't clean dishes cause of missing trash can (there is one)

★★★★ Pro

I have this problem too. I've noticed that it mostly happens when the sim is on another floor than the dishes and/or a trash can and/or a sink.

Message 16 of 45 (1,540 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

This happens to me sporadically as well. I play on a PC. I can normally just wait a little bit and then the option won't be grayed out anymore. Also happens when trying to empty a trash can even though there is an outdoor trash container.

Message 17 of 45 (1,484 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share a save file where they've seen it happen, to help us investigate? Feel free to DM me the link to your save, thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 18 of 45 (1,102 Views)

grayed out options to throw things away

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Deutsch
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All Expansions, Gameplay Packs and Accessoire Packs (unless Pet Accessoires)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? with the bin option to empty the Garbage, clean the cat toilett, throw dishes away = grayed out
What happens when the bug occurs? the Option to throw away things and so on is sometimes grayed out. it works again when i empty the pets bowl first for example and then the option is available again for other things for a short time.
What do you expect to see? these options are constantly avaliable for everything
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. it happens since the latest patch on June 4th as i mentioned

i am not sure if this is a bug or if it may have something to do with the new recycling lot trait. this one was not active at my sims house when this happened. also the garbage ton outdoor was constantly overfilled and no possibility to clean or empty it until i changed the recycling trait.

Message 19 of 45 (1,104 Views)

Re: grayed out options to throw things away

Hero
@EmeraldLaura What does the greyed out option say when you hover over it ?

Did you test without mods installed ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 20 of 45 (1,087 Views)