Re: A Trash Can Is Required To Clean This Up?

by RenasaiHaru

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[NEEDS SAVES] Can't clean dishes cause of missing trash can (there is one)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? v1.18
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to throw something in the trash with trash cans on the lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? Game will say a trash can is required to throw something away when there are one or more trash cans on the active lot. Sometimes it works just fine and sometimes it won't allow me to clean up. So it isn't the position of the trash can. It isn't the position of the trash either because they can interact with it in other ways.
What do you expect to see? The game should recognize when there's at least one trash on on a lot so that sims can clean up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This is my only trash can at the moment. It usually works just fine. I haven't moved it. It just randomly tells me I don't have a trash can when it's right there. This bug can happen while inside or outside of the house if that helps.

(Also, I repeatedly selected that this happens occasionally so I'm not sure why it still says rarely..)

Edit By Crinrict: Changed Tag in title, merged another thread into this which had 19 mee

Message 5 of 45 (10,760 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: I Have A Trash Can, But Objects I Have To Clean Say I Still Need One

EA Sims Team

Under investigation. Accepting as the solution for visibility purposes only.

Hello All,

If anyone of you are still encountering this on the latest game version (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: http://x.ea.com/74420

Thanks!

View in thread

Message 45 of 45 (2,551 Views)

All Replies

I Have A Trash Can, But Objects I Have To Clean Say I Still Need One

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.49.65.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, nothing else
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It happens randomly.
What happens when the bug occurs? When I go to throw something away, the clean option says "a trash can is required", even though I have multiple in reach, with nothing blocking them.
What do you expect to see? Stuff being thrown away.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I have three trash cans, all three have never been used before, so no trash already inside them. I have an outdoor trash can as well. I need to clean a toddler's potty chair, but "a trash can is required" to clean it? I ALREADY HAVE THREE, ALL ARE PERFECTLY ACCESSIBLE! Okay, maybe they're all broken? I replaced them all. Still doesn't work. Maybe they won't let any sort of garbage inside them for some reason? I threw a dirty plate in one, and that works. So now I try to have a sim empty the trash can, but I "need an outdoor trash can"? I HAVE ONE COMPLETELY ACCESSIBLE TO THEM. I restarted my game, and the bug still persists. How the h*ll am I going to complete a 100 baby challenge with all the toddlers upset because of a stupid "potty accident"? And I'm not about to sell, buy, and resell potty chairs after every use. I have no mods or CC.

Message 1 of 45 (14,392 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

There's a few things that could be causing the issue:

- The Trash Cans are inaccessible. (If this is the case, moving them out to a place where your Sim can actually use them should resolve the issue.)

- The Potty itself could be glitched. (Try moving the Potty away from where the accident occurred, see if you can interact with it again.)

- Try moving to another active lot and returning; this forces Sims on the lot to Reset.

- Damaged Game Files (This may require you to "Repair Game" from the Origin interface; this will not affect your Save files.)

If all else fails, I would recommend creating a new family and attempting to replicate the problem; if it still occurs, I know nothing further that could be causing it.

- B

Message 2 of 45 (14,377 Views)

Hero

Hi @Lilac1606 

have you had any luck with the suggestions given by @burin077  ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 45 (14,352 Views)

Hero

Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 45 (14,327 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
@RenasaiHaru Did you recently add the window? Maybe try to move it away from the window and see if that will work.
Message 6 of 45 (10,693 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I've moved it out from the window since it first started, but it still happens on and off.

Message 7 of 45 (10,679 Views)

Hero
@RenasaiHaru This has been an issue since almost the start. It sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, depending on placement of the dish and where the Sim is located.

Usually it's easily fixable by dragging the plate around a bit.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 45 (10,659 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Yup. That's worked for me last time too. But this time it wouldn't let me pick the hair pile up. She could play in it, but couldn't throw it away and it told me that the object could not be moved. (Even after I had her stop interacting with it.)

Message 9 of 45 (10,626 Views)

Hero
@RenasaiHaru OK. I will add this to see how bothersome this issue is.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 45 (10,597 Views)