Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Re: A Trash Can Is Required To Clean This Up?

by dcj504

Original Post

Highlighted

[OPEN] Can't clean dishes cause of missing trash can (there is one)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? v1.18
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to throw something in the trash with trash cans on the lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? Game will say a trash can is required to throw something away when there are one or more trash cans on the active lot. Sometimes it works just fine and sometimes it won't allow me to clean up. So it isn't the position of the trash can. It isn't the position of the trash either because they can interact with it in other ways.
What do you expect to see? The game should recognize when there's at least one trash on on a lot so that sims can clean up.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

This is my only trash can at the moment. It usually works just fine. I haven't moved it. It just randomly tells me I don't have a trash can when it's right there. This bug can happen while inside or outside of the house if that helps.

(Also, I repeatedly selected that this happens occasionally so I'm not sure why it still says rarely..)

Message 1 of 9 (456 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Apprentice
@RenasaiHaru Did you recently add the window? Maybe try to move it away from the window and see if that will work.
Message 2 of 9 (429 Views)
Highlighted

★ Apprentice

I've moved it out from the window since it first started, but it still happens on and off.

Message 3 of 9 (414 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@RenasaiHaru This has been an issue since almost the start. It sometimes works and sometimes doesn't, depending on placement of the dish and where the Sim is located.

Usually it's easily fixable by dragging the plate around a bit.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (393 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Yup. That's worked for me last time too. But this time it wouldn't let me pick the hair pile up. She could play in it, but couldn't throw it away and it told me that the object could not be moved. (Even after I had her stop interacting with it.)

Message 5 of 9 (359 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@RenasaiHaru OK. I will add this to see how bothersome this issue is.

Happy Gaming
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (329 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Can't clean dishes cause of missing trash can (there is one)

★★★★★ Novice

This happens to me occasionally with the...I forgot the name...the trash can you don't have to empty. If it's "eating" at the time you try to clean dishes or throw something away, you get that message. It seems to also sometimes happen if another sim is interacting with the nearest trash can. I find that simply waiting briefly (until the automatic trash can is "finished eating" for example) and trying again almost always makes it work.

Message 7 of 9 (276 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Can't clean dishes cause of missing trash can (there is one)

★ Guide

That is also happens in some lots with pc if you have access to the cheats that allow you to put objects on your head put the trashcan on your head and you can through it away.

Message 8 of 9 (261 Views)
Highlighted

Re: [OPEN] Can't clean dishes cause of missing trash can (there is one)

★★ Guide

I have this problem too. I've noticed that it mostly happens when the sim is on another floor than the dishes and/or a trash can and/or a sink.

Message 9 of 9 (35 Views)