[FIXED] Can't build a rocket

by xemma1993x

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Can't build a rocket

★★★★ Pro

This is not mentioned in today's patch notes, but it looks fixed. I justed added a rocket on my private lot in my (many weeks old) game and was able to start building for 1,000 Simoleons.

Message 181 of 395 (1,085 Views)

Hero
@alanmichael1 Was it broken before on that save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 182 of 395 (1,076 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I think yes, it always broke after the first farming fair, didn't it? Will do further testing, perhaps others can look into it too.

Message 183 of 395 (1,067 Views)

Hero
@alanmichael1 It wasn't broken on all saves and I'm not sure if it always broken for fairs. Pretty sure I have a save where I had fairs but it was still working.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 184 of 395 (1,064 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@crinrict You are right, I take everything back. I tested it with an even older save and was not able to build the rocket. Strange, I thought the issue was caused by the Henford fair not being checked.
Message 185 of 395 (1,046 Views)

Hero
@alanmichael1 Sad to hear.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 186 of 395 (1,042 Views)

Re: Can't build a rocket

★ Novice

I am also having this same problem and cannot finish an aspiration because of it. I will wait and try for the GeekCon to come and see what happens there. I see this post is still open and tons of conversations but no answers on the fix.

Message 187 of 395 (957 Views)

★★ Novice

EA have to fix this. Its getting on my nerves

Message 188 of 395 (942 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Still having this issue. I'm playing on Mac. The option doesn't to build even pop up when you click the rocket ship launch pad. I have Country Living as well. This is super annoying, a bug fix soon would be great, EA!

Message 189 of 395 (887 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

I've had to download a mod to fix this...mod was made in August.

This is the issue that the mod fixes (quoted below, from bugfix mod page), why isn't EA fixing the issue when the cause is known?

The interaction to start building a rocket ship tries to test whether or not you are at a festival, so that it can determine whether or not it should charge you the 1000 simoleon fee to begin construction of the rocket. The test tries to run against the new sub-contests that were added for the Finchwick Fair festivals that came with Cottage Living, but these don’t have the festival street attribute that the test is looking for, so the interaction just seems to break and so nothing shows at all when you click on the rocket launch pad.

To find this bugfix mod just search google with term "sims 4 can't build rockets".

Message 190 of 395 (763 Views)