Re: [OPEN] Can't build a rocket

by geekgirl101

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Does not work for me.  Right clicking only moves the camera around even with CTRL, ALT or SHIFT held down.  My current save won't let me build a new rocket yet I can build one if I start a fresh new game.  As I recall there was a geekcon a few days prior to me buying the rocket and one of my sims attended it and partially built one of the rockets that was there.

I tried moving the household and moving them back again, deleted cache files and mods, did a game repair, but they still couldn't interact with the rocket pad.

Broken since July huh?  Not surprised tbh. :P  I would rather EA fixed game breaking bugs instead of releasing new content that can make the game even more unstable.

Message 141 of 395 (1,618 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

My Sim worked his a** off so he could afford this rocket thing for his lifetime wish. Now I’m here, having to accept that it doesn’t work. Oh please, EA…

Message 142 of 395 (1,555 Views)

My sims can no longer interact with rocket ships?

★★ Novice

I've noticed a lot of other simmers are having this issue, and it seems to be to do with the Cottage Living expansion which I have. 

I buy a rocket ship kit for them, and there are no options for my sim to interact with it. My sim should be able to build it and fly it. 

EA needs to get on fixing this problem. I've tried repairing my files, deleting the "thumbcache" whatever file, rebooting the game, rebooting my system, etc. Nothing has worked. This is a problem with the game. 

Once again, another stupid bug preventing me from fully enjoying the game I've invested time and money into.

I do appreciate the features that a lot of the updates bring, some completely free. However, as you can see from my other questions, I've been frustrated with this in the past too.

You need to debug before you release.  

Message 143 of 395 (1,502 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

You can build it once an NPC starts it. I invited a townie over, made a group with the townie, then 'build together'. The townie starts building it then you can continue the job. 

Message 144 of 395 (1,517 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Good idea. Congratulations. I also have a new finding. And it in work as a scientist. I couldn't build a rocket. So I started playing with the same sim and the same mods. And suddenly at work the rocket went to build. But not on my property. Therefore, thank you very much for this idea.

It didn't work for me, so I started another new game. And there again with the same mods and sim as the scientist in work rocket did not possible to build.And this is something that the developers could explain to us why once a rocket can be built, and once it is not possible.
Message 145 of 395 (1,493 Views)

Re: My sims can no longer interact with rocket ships?

Hero
@dallasneedsad I merged your post with the bug report.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 146 of 395 (1,475 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi I am trying to build a rocket and for some reason it's not letting me I have cottage living and I have no mods or cc as I play on Playstation. Is there anyway to fix this ? Xx

Message 147 of 395 (1,392 Views)

Re: My sims can no longer interact with rocket ships?

★★ Apprentice
Thank you very much. I don't know English, I have to translate everything in google translator. Even though I typed it into a search engine before that, it found me other posts than I wanted. Unfortunately, even the translator does not translate it as it should.
Message 148 of 395 (1,382 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hello.

I have the same problem. I can't build a rocket.

When will there finally be a resolution for this bug ?

Message 149 of 395 (1,318 Views)

★ Guide

Hadn't notice I couldn't build a rocket.

I'm 50% sure I could build one before, with another family, but not before Cottage Living 'cause I've been playing with it since its release.

Oh well, hope you fix it, along with gardening, home dream decorator...

Message 150 of 395 (1,280 Views)