Re: Can't build a rocket

by crinrict

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Hero

@EeebeeGuru currently don't know what's going on as it's working fine for me.

I'll test the save I got later today

EDIT Tested that save and I can duplicate the issue

I'm getting a lastException on your save.

So questions to everyone

• Is Geekcon in town ? If so, did you visit geekcon at any point ?
  • Did you have an festival to present eggs ?
  • Are you getting tis LastException (see spoiler below)
  • Does it work on a save that never had geekcon ?

Spoiler
<root>
<report>
<version>2</version>
<sessionid>fdc0bbeff739850f60fffbf8</sessionid>
<type>desync</type>
<sku>ea.maxis.sims4_64.15.pc</sku>
<createtime>2021-07-27 14:30:53</createtime>
<buildsignature>Local.Unknown.Unknown.1.77.131.1030-1.200.000.520.Release</buildsignature>
<categoryid>drama_node_tests.py:124</categoryid>
<desyncid>fdc0bbeff739850f60fffbf8</desyncid>
<systemconfig/>
<screenshot/>
<desyncdata>Exception during call to test method on &lt;class 'sims4.tuning.instances.rocketShip_BuildStart'&gt; (AttributeError: 'festivalContestSubDramaNode_VillageFair_Egg' object has no attribute 'is_on_festival_street')&#xD;
Traceback (most recent call last):&#xD;
&#xD;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\interaction.py", line 3445, in get_simoleon_deltas_gen&#xD;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\payment\payment_element.py", line 81, in get_simoleon_delta&#xD;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\payment\tunable_payment.py", line 62, in get_simoleon_delta&#xD;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\payment\payment_cost.py", line 141, in get_simoleon_delta&#xD;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\tunable_multiplier.py", line 162, in get_multiplier&#xD;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\tunable_multiplier.py", line 152, in get_multiplier_and_tooltip&#xD;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\tests.py", line 499, in run_tests&#xD;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\event_testing\resolver.py", line 129, in __call__&#xD;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\caches.py", line 296, in wrapper&#xD;
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\drama_scheduler\drama_node_tests.py", line 124, in __call__&#xD;
AttributeError: 'festivalContestSubDramaNode_VillageFair_Egg' object has no attribute 'is_on_festival_street'rtim=0&#xD;

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 11 of 395 (20,898 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Hi, yeah the option doesn't come up at all - you put the base down, then go into live mode, go to click on it as usual, but no interaction option pops up.

Tried multiple sims, plus, worlds and save files (I'm playing on PS5 btw)

Message 12 of 395 (20,860 Views)

Hero
@IoHelix yes, I tested it and see how it works.

Could you answer the questions above ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 395 (20,836 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

• Is Geekcon in town ? If so, did you visit geekcon at any point ?
  • it wasn't when the issue first happened, but when it came up, I went, and could interact with the two rockets there
  • Did you have an festival to present eggs ?
  • yes
  • Are you getting tis LastException (see spoiler below)
  • not sure where to look to check - playing on console version
  • Does it work on a save that never had geekcon ?
  • Tried creating a new game and it happened in that one too

Message 14 of 395 (20,829 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@IoHelix Yeah, no le's on console.

It happens from start on a new save or after a while ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 15 of 395 (20,823 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I am playing on Mac and I do Geta last exception only when I have mods enabled. I have tried all different worlds and new games and still unable to build rocket. 

I was hoping this last update would have fixed it today but unfortunately no. 

I have tried even with mods disabled and I still am unable to build. 

Message 16 of 395 (20,779 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I have this issue. I may have had a GeekCon, but didn't attend it. It does work on a different file with less play time, so may not have had the GeekCon event yet on that one, but I'm not sure. I did have a festival to present eggs on the current save, but didn't attend it. The problem happened before that festival. I've had this issue since Cottage Living came out. It happens with and without mods. Here's my latest lastCleanException:

Game Version: 1.77.146.1030 | OS: Windows 10.0.19042 | Created at: 2021-07-28 13:35:16.981947
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\sims4\commands.py", line 398, in invoke_command
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\server_commands\interaction_commands.py", line 663, in generate_choices
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\server_commands\interaction_commands.py", line 656, in _add_potential_object_aops
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\choices.py", line 110, in add_potential_aops
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\choices.py", line 194, in add_aop
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\choices.py", line 164, in is_valid_aop
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\aop.py", line 166, in test
File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Server\interactions\base\interaction.py", line 2646, in test
Cause: Exception during call to test method on <class 'sims4.tuning.instances.rocketShip_BuildStart'>

Message 17 of 395 (20,756 Views)

Hero
@TricksterFrog That sure is an LE that makes more sense than the one I saw.

Thanks for the info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 18 of 395 (20,733 Views)

safe file causes glitching

★ Novice

Hi! I have a problem with my sims 4 save file. Firts my problem was that my game didn't let me into the university world or attend university. I looked up some sollutions and ended up finding that the problem was my save file, because when i put my file back on by one the save file made it glitchy again. (I did everything in that one long help list, but it just says that when you start a completely new game and get the new sims 4 file and check that your issue is gone, you can just add your old save file by copying but when I do the glitches come back) So i deleted that save file (8 generations long, so sad) and started a new one and everything was back to normal. Until i tried to build a rocket ship. I can click on it and hear the sound but no options come up. I can also debug it but it changes nothing. Again i made a completely new game (I transferred my original game to my desktop and started another one, with completely new files and no mods) and the rocket launcher or what ever it is let me click on it and gave me options. I started to put my files in the new game and again my save files folder was the one to start this promblem. I dont want to keep deleting my saves and I have done everything that you see on those "remove your glitch"- lists, but they always tell you your problem is in mods and you can just copy your old save files back to the new game(?????) but thats where the promblems start! Please help im lost. Also my firts language is not english and i dont care if I made mistakes in my spelling. Thanks, help!

Message 19 of 395 (20,061 Views)

Re: safe file causes glitching

@Ariessimss  The rocket not working is a known issue:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Can-t-build-a-rocket/m-p/10541363#M192075

Something seems to trigger it along the way: the rocket works fine in new saves but stops later.  However, each save should be independent.  Are you saying that after you add back one save, the rocket immediately stops working in a different one?

Regardless, since the rocket is bugged, your current saves are not the problem, and you don't need to delete them.  You might however need to avoid playing with the rocket until this is fixed.

——————————————————————————————————————————

I don't work for EA. I'm just trying to help fellow players with their games.
Message 20 of 395 (20,037 Views)