Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Can't Rotate 45 Degrees or Use Free Rotation on Columns

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.58.63.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Island Living, Vampires, Jungle Adventures, StrangerVille, Realm of Magic, Kids Room Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Holiday Celebration Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into build mode. Try to rotate a column 45 degrees using comma or period, or use the rotate buttons, or use the right mouse button (only if you use TS4 camera settings). Also try free rotation with the Alt key.
What happens when the bug occurs? Can only rotate columns 90 degrees, not 45 degrees or free rotation.
What do you expect to see? To being able to rotate columns 45 degrees, or free rotation, which was possible before the patch with column height.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. November 2019 patch.

I've tried both with columns that can be four stories high and columns with restricted height. Columns that are already rotated 45 degrees or rotated with free rotation can only be rotated 90 degrees from the position they are already in.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 8 (5,641 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Can't Rotate 45 Degrees or Use Free Rotation on Columns

Hero

Columns now can rotate 45 degrees and in Free Rotation. Spin them right round, Simmers, right round.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (3,869 Views)

All Replies

★★ Pro

I just discovered this myself and was coming to report it. It seems like if you've already got columns in a build that have been free rotated before the patch, they're fine, but I can't free rotate any new columns that I place.

Message 2 of 8 (5,553 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Can't Rotate 45 Degrees or Use Free Rotation on Columns

★★★★ Apprentice
Kind of in in the same branch, you can't click and start moving columns anymore if they're already placed. You have to specifically click the 4-way arrow to move them, which I think is why you also can't rotate them 45 degrees/free rotate them anymore as well. Somehow they're not selectable anymore, at least in my game, unless using the in-game button for it.
Message 3 of 8 (5,492 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Can't select columns after they are placed, either. Must use the sledgehammer tool to delete.

Message 4 of 8 (5,484 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have also been having issues with columns since the November patch. I cannot rotate them 45 degrees (which is extremely annoying for building), and they become unselectable after placing; meaning that I have to delete and replace columns to reposition them instead of just selecting them and moving them to the desired spot. 
This might be more of an issue with design intent rather than a glitch. It's as if the columns are behaving like stairs, and seem to have a similar placing method as stairs, which makes me think that it was designed that way, but I am not really sure why they would have done that.  
Hoping that the next patch fixes this.

EDIT: I use Mac not PC, no CC or Mods, Seasons, Parenthood, Laundry Day, and Holiday Stuff are all the packs that I have installed. Although I doubt this information matters since this looks more like a game-wide issue 

Message 5 of 8 (5,441 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Can't Rotate 45 Degrees or Use Free Rotation on Columns

★★★★ Novice
Same issue here, and it's absolutely killing me. I like the new height adjustment of the columns, but not being able to rotate them freely is a nightmare. I never realized how much I use columns until now D:
Message 6 of 8 (5,397 Views)
Highlighted

★★★★ Pro
@manzana0807 I tried free rotation on columns that free rotation had been used on before the patch, but I can't use free rotation on them.
Message 7 of 8 (5,304 Views)

Hero

Columns now can rotate 45 degrees and in Free Rotation. Spin them right round, Simmers, right round.

Fixed in Patch 1.68.154/ 1.33

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (3,870 Views)