Re: [OPEN] Camera keys not working in photo mode (QE)

by xjfo411x

Original Post

Re: Freemove mode while taking photos missing

★ Guide

Also, to present a quick example: When having sims pose for photos using the tripod, we used to be able to move the camera around using the WASD keys and Q + E to freely move the camera around the composed scene. It would work similarly to moving the camera around when we press TAB - WASD would allow us to move closer, farther away, and essentially see the subject in almost 360 degrees. In addition, Q + E would bring the camera up and down, like the rising and falling of an elevator.

Now, the WASD keys only "pan" the camera up, down, left and right from its stationary position on the tripod, as if it were on an axis, removing the functionality of moving fully on a horizon. We went from being able to take shots like these:

08-14-19_3-14-33 PM.png

(Tripod was placed in front of the subject. He posed. And using the "S + D" keys I moved the camera to view his profile before taking the shot.)

08-26-19_4-45-13 PM.png

(Tripod in front of the subject. Using "E" key (I believe), I had the camera move UP to take a shot as if the camera were higher)

To just the basic non-dynamic shots that we had prior to the Moschino tripod.

Message 31 of 77 (2,554 Views)

★★★ Novice
@OasisSarah I am having the same problem. Q and E not working.
Message 32 of 77 (2,335 Views)

★ Guide

I really hope they fix it in the new patch coming in January 🤞🏾

Message 33 of 77 (2,321 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I just bought the Moschino pack for this camera feature and I spent hours to try to understand why it doesn't work like it should work!

Thanks for the report. Hope they will fix it soon!

Message 34 of 77 (2,297 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Just letting everybody know that the new update did not fix this issue. Let's hope the next one will!

Message 35 of 77 (2,211 Views)
Highlighted

★ Guide

Ugh that’s sad to hear! I was looking forward to this update specifically for this issue. >_<

Message 36 of 77 (2,200 Views)

★ Apprentice

Awesome. Charge money for a single feature, then completely break that features, then don't fix it in over a month. Awesome. Stuff like that should be fixed in an emergency patch asap, not 3 months downt he line.

Message 37 of 77 (2,163 Views)

★ Guide

What I don't understand is why it seems to only be affecting some people and why most people aren't noticing it. Maybe it was a feature that not a lot of people paid attention to? Even with all mods removed, it still seems that the tripod functionality has changed completely. Could it be keyboard related?

Message 38 of 77 (2,116 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I purchased the Moschino pack a few days ago specifically for the tripod and camera controls.... and now I can't even use them. Hopefully they fix this soon, or I just burned 10 bucks. 

Message 39 of 77 (1,878 Views)

★ Apprentice

This is of course still relevant after the latest patch. This bug has been here since the 12th of december, so its been well over a month and a half since this bug was introduced. Again, this was like the main feature of the pack and it's broken.

Message 40 of 77 (1,779 Views)