Re: Sims 4 camera keys not working ( Q E WASD)

by OasisSarah

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[ARCHIVED] Camera keys not working in photo mode (QE)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Buy a camera, put on tripod, take a picture, use the Q, E, WASD keys.
What happens when the bug occurs? Q and E keys do nothing, WASD keys do not work correctly.
What do you expect to see? Q and E keys should make the camera go up and down (same as in TAB mode) WASD keys should go left and right, zooming in and out.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I've already tried removing all CC and MODS, deleting the localthumbcash, repairing my game, restarting my PC (I made a new save file every time), but nothing worked.

If anyone knows how to fix it, I'd love to know!

Message 1 of 77 (9,951 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Camera keys not working in photo mode (QE)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@MR_TURBODRIVER It's in the notes saying it's fixed ? So you tested and it's not ?

EDIT: Tested, yeah, doesn't work. The bar at the bottom does still work though. It goes up and down now instead of doing nothing like before.

We fixed an issue in which some hotkeys in Photo Mode (particularly E and Q) were not working.

As technically they fixed something in Patch 1.63.133 and the QE now do something (just not what it is expected) I'm going to archive this thread.

If anyone wants to make a new one, for the new issue with them being assigned wrongly, please do so. 

If not, I will make a new one once I'm through.

New thread is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/NEEDS-INPUT-Camera-keys-not-working-in-Moschino-photo-mode-QE/...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 77 of 77 (7,118 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

@OasisSarah 
Under game options for the camera did you select "The Sims 3 Camera"?
I have used this option since base game released. Only recently did I learn this option allows or a lot of the actions you are describing.
Let us know if selecting that option works.

Camera Options.PNG

- EQ Avid Sims Player
#EQCreations
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 2 of 77 (9,872 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi thanks for the reply!

I've also always used The Sims 3 camera, I just checked just in case and it's selected. 

The Q E and WASD keys are working normally in TAB mode, but only when taking pictures with the camera it's not working anymore.

Message 3 of 77 (9,867 Views)

Hero
@OasisSarah I tested this and it works for me

What kind of keyboard layout are you using ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 77 (9,831 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for replying!

I use a QWERTY keyboard layout (I think that's what you mean).

Message 5 of 77 (9,817 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@OasisSarah 
I was reminded that the hot keys Q E WASD do work.
First click anywhere in the frame of the photo in camera mode. 
That should unlock the camera movements.
Click again to lock the frame.

Photo.PNG

- EQ Avid Sims Player
#EQCreations
I do not work for EA
All packs installed and patches are current.
PC / Win 10
Never used CC or mods.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 6 of 77 (9,801 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Hi I just tried it in my game, but it still does not work for me. The WASD keys go up, down, left and right (same as the arrows) and Q and E still do nothing.

Message 7 of 77 (9,790 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@OasisSarah Is that US QWERTY ?

For me the keys do the following:

W = Move up

S = Move Down

A = Move left

D = Move Right

Y = Zoom in

X = Zoom out 

(I'm on Swiss QERTZ)

Not sure what QE are supposed to do ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 77 (9,782 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Hi,

Since the 12/12/19 patch I'm having the same problem. Prior to the patch, the key bindings were:

W= move closer to the subject

S= move away from the subject

A= rotate left (note this seemed more like orbiting around the subject)

D= rotate right

Q= lower camera

E= higher camera

Z= zoom in

X= zoom out

(See Sims Online "ALL new Camera Controls & Interactions | The Sims 4 Moschino Stuff" video at 1:09: https://youtu.be/uxTevJtWLOE)

After the patch, W, S, A and D just seem to rotate up, down, left and right respectively from a fixed point. Q and E don't do anything anymore. The new slider bar seems to allow for the orbiting motion that A and D once did. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to move closer/away from the subject or lower/raise the camera anymore now that the hotkeys don't function the same way.

I'm using a US QUERTY keyboard on a laptop. I tried connecting a full size keyboard, repairing the game, removing mods and clearing my cache to restore the previous function of the hotkeys with no luck. 

Thanks,

Message 9 of 77 (9,742 Views)

★★★★ Pro

I checked this in two different saves and I can confirm that I am seeing what @arkpuppet is seeing.  I use a separate Cdn English QUERTY keyboard as I play on a desktop.  

I do see this in the update notes for the 12/12/19 game update and I wonder if whatever was done for this is affecting at least some of us.

"Tripods placed on floors other than 1, 2, or 3, should no longer cause the camera to change floors when attempting to take a photo." Before the patch often when I would use the Q and E keys when taking pictures with the tripod it would jump a floor, which is what I expect this was referring to and now those two keys do nothing. 

I have all the packs, my game is up to date (PC: 1.59.73.1020) and I regularly delete my localthumbcache file and I repaired my game after the update.

Best regards,
Jennifer

Message 10 of 77 (9,726 Views)