Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Camera bouncing uncontrollably

by Dglbr1969

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Camera bouncing uncontrollably

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

You can disable the camrea drift for some degree from the game files. I don't have the DLC so I don't know if it'll work there but you can try.

Locate you game folder (can be found in Origin > App. settings > Install & Saves > Game library location) go to \The Sims 4\Game\Bin\res and edit Camera.ini with any text editor. Find every "IgnoreLotLevel" (without quotes) and change them all to true and save.

Only drift I could see after that was on foundation level for some reason but it's barely even noticable. Hope this helps.

Message 11 of 27 (19,250 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Thanks, this actually fixed the problem for me. It was driving me so crazy!

Message 12 of 27 (19,145 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks for sharing this fix! 

My folders were arranged a bit differently, but I found the relevant file to edit. A great help!

Message 13 of 27 (19,114 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Thank you! This made a huge improvement. Still having some issues with basements though.

Message 14 of 27 (19,046 Views)

★★★ Guide

The problem is the camera collides with terrain and objects, which is a mindblowingly terrible design decision.  With houses in split levels and on lots with tall trees, as well as lots close to tall landscape like in the OP's case, this causes the camera to bounce all over the place and makes the lots unplayable. Once you've been around the game enough you learn which lots have this problem and have to be avoided, but the camera really needs to not have collision of any kind and instead be locked to the lot/floor's level at all times. Even if that means clipping through walls and whatever, it's much preferable to the bouncing, and since the game fades out most everything that blocks the camera anyway, clipping should never be a problem anyway.

The celebrity homes in Del Sol Valley are really bad for this and I had to drastically change them and shrink their trees in order to play on those lots, because the camera otherwise would rapidly fly up and down and literally make it impossible to interact with anything or anyone on the lot.

Message 15 of 27 (18,817 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@TheSteelRodent Hi, I've recently encountered this myself but am having real trouble locating the file you described, I am looking in my c and d drives, is this correct? Or am I supposed to open origin the program itself? Thanks in advance
Message 16 of 27 (18,784 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@TheSteelRodent Sorry I bothered you, I finally found the file in question! Thanks for posting this fix by the way. I'm heading in to test now Standard smile
Message 17 of 27 (18,782 Views)

★ Novice

I can't find camera.ini. I can go all the way to the res file but when I click it it's empty. I even tried to search all my program files and I still can't find it. Does this mean I'l have to suffer the camera bouncing Frown

Message 18 of 27 (18,683 Views)

★★★ Guide

@Dglbr1969I didn't even mention any files. So I'm not sure what you're asking or if there is a workaround for this.

Message 19 of 27 (18,615 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, sorry bout that, I tried the fix and it didn't work for me anyway, so I just reverted it all back to original. Thanks for trying to help, it was another who mentioned the ini file, got confused with the avatars

Message 20 of 27 (18,609 Views)