[FIXED] Camera automatically/unintentionally focusing on other families played

by JMoon_gamer

Original Post

Re: [OPEN]Camera automatically and unintentionally focusing on other families pl

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yep, I have the same issue. It was really annoying when I was playing in Windenburg in the Von Haunt Estate and my sim was e.g. somewhere deep in the maze or otherwise far away and so many times the camera suddenly automatically focused on the front of the house where other sims appeared. Like, thanks for letting me know that this sim x is here now as well but I do nothing with this information lol.

Message 11 of 98 (1,960 Views)

Re: Camera automatically and unintentionally focusing on other families played

★ Guide

It is happening in my game as well and driving me mad.  

Message 12 of 98 (1,955 Views)

Re: [OPEN]Camera automatically and unintentionally focusing on other families pl

★★ Novice
@JMoon_gamer I have the same problem in all the worlds. I play in th spanish idiom
Message 13 of 98 (1,924 Views)

★★★ Novice

so is this a game glitch I take it?

Message 14 of 98 (1,909 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

This has got to be one of the most disruptive and annoying game bug ever... I can't play at all because the camera keeps jumping to new sims every 5 seconds. It's a struggle and a fight to just have it stay on my selected sim. It doesn't. And it is happening in every world so It's not really an issue exclusive to any one particular world. And like others have said, the sim that it jumps to every five seconds is always on their phone. This phone obsession needs to stop cause it's literally impossible to play like this. I guess the camera only jumps to played households? As someone who plays rotationally... I have a lot of played households in my save so 95% of the time a sim that newly arrives at a community lot is one of my played sims. So of course the camera will auto-focus on them. This patch update was the worst and I wish I could revert back somehow. Disappointed

Message 15 of 98 (1,853 Views)

★ Guide

Same, this is happening everywhere, though it seems to be worse when you travel somewhere. So now my sims can't go anywhere. I really wish there was a way to uninstall an update, I miss being able to play a relatively functional game... Frown

Message 16 of 98 (1,825 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

its happening to me in all worlds. its incessant and super annoying. To constantly be in the middle of something and have the camera suddenly move to a past played sim that just happens to populate into the neighborhood. Every. Single. Time. they populate into the neighborhood. sometimes 3-4 times a sim day. it makes gameplay really difficult. 

Message 17 of 98 (1,803 Views)

★★★ Guide

Its happening to me to.

Message 18 of 98 (1,792 Views)

social

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have every expansion pack, game pack, stuff pack, and kit with the exception of Journey to Batuu and Modern Menswear Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play your game for a few hours and see if the bug occurs on a frequent level like it does in my game. Every time a Sim outside of my active household uses Social Bunny/posts something on their cell phone, my camera snaps away from my Sims.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every time a Sim outside of my active household uses Social Bunny/posts something on their cell phone, my camera snaps away from my Sim and focuses on the NPC/inactive Sim who's making the post, pulling the focus away from my active family.
What do you expect to see? My focus should be on the Sims I am playing with, not on the random Sims walking by outside of my home, the bar, the nightclub, etc. I don't mind them using their phones/apps, but I shouldn't have to watch the non-active Sim using their phones. I constantly have to right click on my Sim's portraits to snap the camera back to them, and I shouldn't have to keep doing this.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I updated my game with patch 1.90.358.1030 after I downloaded The Sims 4 High School Years

Every time a Sim outside of my active household uses Social Bunny/posts something on their cell phone, my camera snaps away from my Sim and focuses on the NPC/inactive Sim who's making the post, pulling the focus away from my active family.  My focus should be on the Sims I am playing with, not on the random Sims walking by outside of my home, the bar, the nightclub, etc. I don't mind them using their phones/apps, but I shouldn't have to watch the non-active Sim using their phones. I constantly have to right click on my Sim's portraits to snap the camera back to them, and I shouldn't have to keep doing this. 

I am hoping The Sims 4 Team can take a look into this issue so I can get back to playing properly. I know the bug isn't a major concern like the aging glitch and Sims not eating, but it still a nuisance that should be taken care of as soon as possible. 

Thank you!

KairiAngel13

Message 19 of 98 (1,775 Views)

Re: social

★★★ Novice

They are releasing a patch(hotfix) soon. I hope it fixes all the issues we are having such as this one and the auto age glitch as well....

Message 20 of 98 (1,751 Views)