Re: [OPEN]Camera automatically and unintentionally focusing on other families pl

by Ambasaurus

Original Post

Re: Camera keeps jerking back to active sim.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

It's called:

"Stop Change Phone Color Obsession"

"This Mod stops Sims from changing their Phone Color each time they travel or a Household gets loaded unless they do indeed have the default Phone Color. I also removed the camera focus code."

It's under her Bug Fixes category on her website. It works great and fixes this issue. I've been able to play my game again thanks to this.

Message 71 of 98 (805 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Nyxett Hi, do you know if there are other mods than this that would be helpful as a workaround? I've been having problems with this mod and I don't know why.
Message 72 of 98 (795 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

That's the only mod I'm aware of that fixes this issue... Sorry. What problems are you having with it? It might be conflicting with another mod if you're having an issue with it. I'd suggest testing it out by itself first.

Message 73 of 98 (781 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Nyxett Thanks for the reply! It's the only mod that's been the common denominator in the saves I had which became super laggy and unplayable at random. It's the kind of lag that even hitting the esc key couldn't fix. Have already tried putting it in and out of my mods folder hoping it won't be the issue but the lag appears at random during the times I left it in which makes me think my game doesn't like it. Thanks for the suggestion tho. Hopefully a fix can be rolled out soon so we all won't have to suffer like this. Lol
Message 74 of 98 (752 Views)

★★ Novice

Thank you, i didn't find it there but in her discord, anyway if there weren't the modders to make our lives easier that game would be dead a long time ago...

Message 75 of 98 (735 Views)

★ Guide
@Nyxett It's so frustrating seeing posts that say "a has modder already fixed this" because no, a modder has not fixed my Xbox game at all. Maxis has to fix issues or they are not actually fixed.
Message 76 of 98 (729 Views)

View moving from Sim I am Playing to a Sim out in the world.

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
What is your current game version number? 1.91.186.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just play a Sim on a Lot.
What happens when the bug occurs? The view suddenly goes to a Sim in the World from the Sim I am playing.
What do you expect to see? View staying with the Sim I am playing.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Hi,

I am playing a Sim on one of the Lots say playing Chess. Without any input from me the view goes off my Sim in the Lot I am playing and moves onto a Sim in the world outside.

Thanks and kind regards James.

Message 77 of 98 (717 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@Amalathea  Did I say it was fixed for EVERYBODY? No. I specifically said in my post that this issue hasn't been fixed for console players who will unfortunately be stuck with it untill The Sims team can be bothered to fix it themselves, if ever. It's not really "fixed" for anyone until it is officially fixed by the creators of the game. I'm just as frustrated about the bugs as you, so don't take it out on me.

We shouldn't have to rely on modders or on using mods to fix the game. Not everybody likes using them. But for those that don't mind, at least a modder fixing it before EA can be bothered to, is one way for them to be able to get back to enjoying their game, bug free. So yeah, I'm glad that they try to help the community in their own ways.

Message 78 of 98 (685 Views)

Re: [OPEN]Camera automatically and unintentionally focusing on other families pl

★★★★★ Newbie

This is still an issue. Please fix, it's been over a month.

Message 79 of 98 (673 Views)

★ Apprentice

Mine is doing it also. Freaks me out cause I then think the sim it transfers to is getting ready to die or something. Cause this is exactly what happens when a sim is dying, the camera pans over to them. 

Message 80 of 98 (454 Views)