by rjssim

Original Post

[NEEDS INFO/SAVES] Camera Stuttering on community lots

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.55.105.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to the Rattlesnake or the Blue Velvet and pan the camera after a few sims come in there and pay close attention.
What happens when the bug occurs? When panning the camera, it stutters similar to what is happening in TS3.
What do you expect to see? Improvements on making the camera not stutter.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I haven't played much since the last patch, so I don't know if it is the latest patch or RoM. Lets say before the latest patch, I did not have these stuttering problems, at least not in lots like the Rattlesnake or the Blue Velvet..

I really hope EA and the Sims team pay very close attention to this because if it is not addressed, the camera stuttering is only going to get worst. It is not as bad as TS3 yet, but it could end up as bad, and it was the awful camera stuttering that was happening in TS3 that ruined the game for me to the point where I just quit.

System Specs:

- GTX 970

- i7-6700

- 32 GB Ram

- SSD

- Windows 10 64-bit

Message 1 of 8 (1,698 Views)

Re: Camera Stuttering

Hero
@rjssim Could you please add a video of what you're seeing ?

Also are those the only lots or is it a general issue for you ?

Do you also have low FPS and tried with disconnected internet (there's a known issue with that). You need to turn it off completely.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (1,610 Views)

★ Guide

Hey Crin,

My FPS is a solid 60FPS all of the time. I have tried with the TS4 folder moved to the desktop and online deactivated, a fresh install, and even moving everything to an SSD, but the results are the same. I get lessor form of that camera stutter from TS3. This only started happening between the latest patch and the release of RoM. Beforehand, TS4 was running solid. Below is the video of the camera stutter. It is happening in public lots, and not so much in home lot.

Message 3 of 8 (1,608 Views)

Hero
@rjssim Thanks.

You also see this on a small new save ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (1,591 Views)

★ Guide

That is correct. I tried it with the folder completely wiped and a new save.

Message 5 of 8 (1,588 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@crinrict I notice one thing, when running TS4, my CPU cores were reaching between 80c-83c! The average is between 70c-81c. I was running Skyrim with max settings and was only reaching 50c.

EDIT: My CPU cores just reached 87c today while playing TS4!

Message 6 of 8 (1,495 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Camera Stuttering on community lots

★★ Guide
For me it is a general issue, not just those two lots.
Message 7 of 8 (1,312 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Camera Stuttering on community lots

Community Manager (retired)

Could anyone experiencing this issue possibly share your Config.log file (located in \Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4). A save file couldn't hurt either. You can DM me the link to your files, thanks for the help!

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Tea...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 8 of 8 (1,189 Views)