[OPEN] Cabinet/Shelves over kitchen sink/dishwasher prevents washing dishes

by cupidbonsai

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] Cabinet/Shelves over kitchen sink/dishwasher prevents washing dishes

★ Guide

@cupidbonsai  yeah, this bug has been around for years. I looked at your pics. If you move the stuff above the counters up the wall a notch or two, sims should be able to use. The only way it would work in your third picture is if you made the walls taller and moved it up the wall. This works for me for shelves, cabinets and exhuast hoods for stoves. Those hanging pots are pickier, but can be done will tall walls with the shorter pot rack.

The problem with the above mehtod is that it looks really weird. For this reason, I don't use those cabinets anymore and usally don't use those hanging pots. I do use this method for shelves. This bug also applies to any wall decor near counters, like those wall knives and the decorative wall bottles from the chef career track.

Message 11 of 16 (273 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yes they need to fix this bug, it's been way too long. This is also probably what causes the other issue so many people have of sims going to the furthest sink to wash their dishes. Because cabinets over sinks cause routing failure and most people will logically put cabinets in their kitchens.

Message 12 of 16 (242 Views)

★★ Pro
@sushicrow I always build with bb.moveobjects on for precisely this reason.

The pot racks at the appropriate height, if moved back and half a space over, will allow Sims to use dishwashers/sinks. You can also alt/option place cabinets a little higher without it looking too weird.
Message 13 of 16 (231 Views)

★★ Pro
@charlatanangels "This is also probably what causes the other issue so many people have of sims going to the furthest sink to wash their dishes."

Not so sure about that. Sims and sinks are just... weird.
Message 14 of 16 (230 Views)

Won't clean dishes

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

My sims won't clean their dishes. even when the sink is right next to them. I own the Island living and the snowy escape packs. This glitch takes place on my off grid Island lot. I do have a hexagonal shaped house so I do have quite a bit of diagonal furniture. I have checked my water reserves and they are full when this happens. The sim will pick up the plates wait a second and put the plate back down. I have resorted to manualy placing dished in sink or trash. This started after a wedding with quite a few guests at my lot. I don't have an oven or microwave since it's an off the grid lot.

Update: I think i figured it out. After the wedding my sims put their little cups in really high hidden places. i think i found all of them.

(CM: Multiple posts merged. Check out this post for tips on how to edit and add more to a post.)

Message 15 of 16 (138 Views)

★ Pro

Ugh this is so annoying! I'd love to build pretty kitchens but I want them to be functional too so it sucks that we can't have a kitchen cupboard above the sink!

Please please fix this! Fingers crossed A teensy weensy fix for us builders once in a while? *puppy eyes*

Message 16 of 16 (57 Views)
Twitter Stream