Re: [OPEN] [COL] no mushrooms or forrageables in the bramblewood

by missdeefying

Original Post

★★★ Guide

@Melisendre wrote:

This happens for me only when my Sim doesn't live in Bramblewood. When living in Bramblewood my Sim has always enough harvestables as you can see on the screenshots.The longer he lived in Bramblewood the more mushrooms appeared.

Your  Sim should stay one night at Bramblewood and in the morning he has enough to harvest. He could go on holiday or sleep in a tent.

I brought a tent with me and stayed the night at the beginning of Summer, and in the morning did indeed have access to some mushrooms in addition to the chocoberry plants. After doing that, I do see a couple of mushroom patches each day that I can pick to get random mushrooms (without spending the night), though I haven't come back in the Fall yet to see if they're still there.

Message 41 of 69 (2,261 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Yeah, what @Melisendre said.  You have to be in the neighborhood at 5am in order to get harvestables. You have to spend time in the neighborhood in order for plants to grow. Camp, go fishing for several hours, etc.

Message 42 of 69 (2,242 Views)

★ Guide

It's not working for me. My home lot is in Bramblewood (Cordelia's cottage). I haven't left for four days and the nightly mushrooms haven't grown, while I've only had a maximum of three strange mushroom spawns per day. Usually the two spots by the riverbank and *either* the spot by the gazebo or the one by the waterfall. But not both. Very few dig piles and frog logs, too. I ended up deciding to ignore my only spawned frog log completely in case I need it later for the aspiration. I'm genuinely unsure a new one would spawn if I harvested the current one.

Message 43 of 69 (2,223 Views)

Fruit tree and tomate plant in Finchwick not producing harvestables

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Français
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just go in the world Henford-On-Bagley in the finchwick section, click on any of the lots there, go and there are 3 plants just behind were the carnavel comes. They grow in the appropriate season but never are harvestable nor car you take a bouture of the plant to combine it to another, it doesn't work
What happens when the bug occurs? The plants never give harvestables nor can you take a piece of the plant to combine with another one. I stayed there for 14 days, total 2 seasons, sleeping on a bench with fastfoward on and never got harvestable from the plants. Even brought the plant to perfect level and still no harvestables.
What do you expect to see? Harvestable on those 3 plants, and able to take a 'bouture' from the plant to combine with another plant.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I was at the carnaval once and saw the fruit tree. And I have all the collectable harvestable plants from the game.

I really wanted to have that tree in my garden, so I stayed on the lot for 14 days straight in order to have a harvestable from that plant to replant in my garden.

Unfortunetly it never came, even the 2 tomato plants next to that tree never gave me harvestables, event when I was in the right season, the plant did grow but never collectable.

I even brought the plant level to perfect and still no harvestable from the plant.

So I tryed to take a piece of the tree to combine with another, to try and get the tree by bypassing the bug, but each time I would take a piece of the plant, I never got it in my inventory and after 2 times I tryed to take a piece, the plant died (wich is what it is supposed to do after you take a 'bouture' twice from the same plant.

And when you leave the lot and come back, the plant I had brought to perfect level, was no more perfect level and came back to a piece of dirt on the floor.  

So then I tought, I would go on another lot the is close to there and do the same thing, I waiting 14 days on sleeping on benches at fastforward, still no harvestable items from those plants.

When I look in the game, it says I have all the collectable from gardening but I do not have the tree? 

Oh and I tried fixing my game and still the same problem occurs

Message 44 of 69 (2,407 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@Melisendre I had my sim go camping there and sure enough next morning when she woke up there were mushrooms. Thank you for the tip!
Message 45 of 69 (2,190 Views)

Re: Fruit tree and tomate plant in Finchwick not producing harvestables

★★★ Guide
@LisaMarie3003 Noticed this as well. Even if the plants do eventually grow to maturity they never sprout fruits and usually once you travel they revert. The blueberry plant next to the fishing spot and raspberry plant next to the stall do eventually grow and become harvestable at least once a year during their growth season if you live in that area... That's on the shortest seasons so not sure if they last a little longer on longer ones. I haven't tried any other seasons except short.
Message 46 of 69 (2,344 Views)

"Fruit Tree" in Finchwich Never Bears Fruit

★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Current
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Move a sim into a lot in Finchwich and keep an eye on the "Fruit Tree" in front of the Scott's Residence.
What happens when the bug occurs? "Fruit Tree" never produces any fruit of any sort.
What do you expect to see? I expect a "Fruit Tree" to give me something harvestable, especially with a description such as "A growing, fruit-bearing tree."
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

So between the Scott's residence and the empty area where the fairs are held, there's a semi circle area with two tomato bushes, two oversized crop patches, and one "Fruit Tree." The vagueness of the tree had me intrigued, so I sped through a few sim weeks in game to see what I'd get from the tree. However, it does not seem to produce any fruit? The tree is labeled as "In Season" with no specification as to season, which generally means it's a year round plant (like lemons and plasma fruit). It's been a full sized, mature tree since day 3 or 4, but it has never produced any harvestables. It's required watering, it's required weeding, but I still cannot get any produce from this mysterious "fruit tree." ....am I missing something?

fruit tree

Message 47 of 69 (2,338 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@vyvexthorne I'm playing long life span. I'll move sims into that area and watch if there is anything. But I have never noticed a tree or crops there at all. Didnt know that there was any until this post. Anyways... I'll check the long life span info.
Message 48 of 69 (2,301 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@LilSnakeHips Have been watching tree. It starts as a pile dirt, just planted crop. Wont grow until I water it. So far it only becomes small tree twig figure. Following day, back to pile of dirt. I'll keep trying to grow it.
Message 49 of 69 (2,276 Views)

★ Guide
@Melisendre Thank you! that actually worked for me. Now I finally finished the task xD
Message 50 of 69 (2,121 Views)