by patariina

Original Post

[OPEN] [CL] Welcome Wagon gets stuck in apartments

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? Suomi
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.51.77.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except My First Pet Stuff, Vampires, Romantic Garden Stuff, Spooky Stuff and Kids Room Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Move to apartment in San Myshuno and wait Welcome Wagon to arrive
What happens when the bug occurs? Welcome Wagon event doesn't start and no one knock on my door. Neighbors are still behind my door and stays there for a days. They can't move and their needs go down.
What do you expect to see? Welcome Wagon event to start and neighbors coming to knock my door.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Though they eventually go away so they don't die behind my door. Reset sim also doesn't do anything to them.

Message 1 of 24 (6,752 Views)

Re: Welcome Wagon doesn't start and neighbors are starving behind my door

Hero

Hi @patariina 

which apartment are you having this issue with ? Any specific one ? I just tested this and it works fine for me.

Are you saying the neighbors came over but the event doesn't start or that had Sims over previously and no one ever came with a fruit cake ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 24 (6,680 Views)

Hero

Tagging @patariina  for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 24 (6,628 Views)

★★ Guide

I had something similar happen in Newcrest, Comfy Cubby lot.  The neighbours all turned up, one with fruitcake, but none of them knocked on the door.  I took pity on them and had one of my active sims take them back home and left them there.  The next day they came round again and the welcome wagon event started as expected.

Latest patch (as of 16/may/19)

CC but no mods

Message 4 of 24 (6,601 Views)

Neighbours just standing outside?!

★★ Novice

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? Gp04
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I honestly have no idea
What happens when the bug occurs? The sims that live in the apartment complex came over for the new neighbour event and my sim was jogging so instead the event didn’t happen and they’re now stuck outside the door?? I’ve reset them multiple times and idk what to do
What do you expect to see? I expect them not to stand there
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

The sims that live in the apartment complex came over for the new neighbour event and my sim was jogging so instead the event didn’t happen and they’re now stuck outside the door?? I’ve reset them multiple times and idk what to do Help?!!??

Message 5 of 24 (6,553 Views)

Re: Neighbours just standing outside?!

Hero

Hi @strawberrypuffle 

merged your post with existing report.

Which lot are you playing ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 24 (6,535 Views)

Re: Neighbours just standing outside?!

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 24 (6,506 Views)

Welcome wagon broken

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every single one except My First Pet Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a household and move them into the world (it might just happen in apartments not sure)
What happens when the bug occurs? The welcome wagon comes to the lobby of the apartment with the fruitcake but the event doesn't trigger which makes the NPC's stand for hours. It only gets fixed after travelling to another neighborhood and coming back. When that happens the NPC's will generate another fruit cake putting the other one on the floor.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see a working welcome wagon with the event triggering at the right time and no NPC's standing in my front door for hours to no end.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.

07-20-19_12-11-25 AM.png

They spawn and stand in the front door but the event never triggers.

Message 8 of 24 (6,393 Views)

Re: Welcome wagon broken

[ Edited ]
Hero

Merging this with existing thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 24 (6,395 Views)

Re: Welcome wagon broken

Champion (Retired)

I can verify this issue.

This past week I started a save in a newly generated folder. 

My Sim moved into an apartment in the art district. Sims showed up with fruitcake in hand but the welcome  wagon event did not start. My Sim could greet and interact with them.

My Sim traveled to the Art Gallery and back. Shortly after the event did trigger and was completed.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 10 of 24 (6,367 Views)