by Sigzy05

Original Post

[OPEN] [CL] Weird shadow appears on the front of the elevator

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I'm not sure when it happens, if it's random or related to sims, npc's or household members, travelling back and forth from the apartment, to a career or somewhere else.
What happens when the bug occurs? The bug happens
What do you expect to see? No shadow on the floor.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm not sure when it happens, if it's random or related to sims, npc's or household members, travelling back and forth from the apartment, to a career or somewhere else. This is in the Spice Market, in the red building. The shadow keeps appearing in front of the elevator.

01-05-18_1-44-50 PM.png

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 8 (2,273 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [CL] Weird shadow appears on the front of the elevator

Hero

Tagging @BryonyRae for this one

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (2,166 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this pack for almost 2 months now and I thought it was an issue with the CC i used to have but it clearly isn't.

Message 3 of 8 (2,151 Views)

★★★★ Pro
I have this bug always.
Message 4 of 8 (2,137 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I was able to duplicate this in my game.  It happens when a resident sim heads off to work.  I also noticed that there is a black shadow that is briefly placed on the floor as well when a sim uses the elevator to go downstairs.  It appears to be a graphical glitch during the transition that gets cleaned up by the end of the transition.  I think what happens when the sim goes to work is a failure to clean up the glitch.  I think it is supposed to be the shadow cast by the sim's feet.  When the sim returns home from work, the shadow is finally cleaned up.  Will add to the list.

Message 5 of 8 (2,108 Views)

Shadow left behind!

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? GTW, GT, CL, CD, S, OR, SD, DO, JA, LSP, PPSP, SSP, BYSP, BNSP, FSP, MFPSP
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Watch a Sim from their home lot when they go to work.
What happens when the bug occurs? When my Sim goes to work, their shadow remains behind on the ground after they fade out.
What do you expect to see? No shadow left behind!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I noticed this when my Sims moved to 1 Torendi Tower Penthouse. I have not yet checked to see if it happens anywhere else. It does happen to both my Sims. One is the Chief of Police and the other is an Internet Superstar. It doesn't seem to affect gameplay at all. It's just weird.

I do have some CC in the game - all clothing. I removed them and this is still happening.

Anyone else?
Message 6 of 8 (2,062 Views)

Re: Shadow left behind!

★★★★ Pro

This is a known and very old apartment bug.

Message 7 of 8 (2,049 Views)

Re: Shadow left behind!

Hero
@JasonVega2 Merged your post with existing thread

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (2,029 Views)