[FIXED] [CL] Unable to light fireworks

by simvasion

Original Post

Re: [NEEDS SAVES] [CL] Unable to light fireworks

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I have this bug too. I was on my Home lot and purchased the Fireworks online. Sims still can use the sparklers (holding them and lit), but none of the fireworks did work.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.78.58.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL packs & kits BUT: EP: Island Living GP: Realm of Magic / Strangerville / Vampires SP: MFPS / Paranormal Kits: Courtyard Oasis / Industrial Loft
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Put firework on the ground in B&B and try to light them, or choose Place in world and light on Fireworks in your sims inventory.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will Reset (the T shape) and the firework does not lit
What do you expect to see? Fireworks being lit
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Message 21 of 88 (3,016 Views)

★★★ Guide

Just had this as well. Purchased online but the Sims reset. The fireworks task for NY still gets fulfilled though.

Message 22 of 88 (2,959 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Unable to light fireworks

★★ Novice

I'm having this same issue, where my sims are unable to light fireworks, they can walk up to the firework, light it, but then they reset and exit out of the animation with the firework unlit and reset as well. It seems to be associated with another issue, where I cannot click to build rocketships (none of the model types work) as described already in this issue: [OPEN] Can't build a rocket https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Can-t-build-a-rocket/m-p/10541363/highlight/true#M192075

I can share an unmodded save as well if that helps.

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.79.93.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? ALL Expansions, Game Packs, Stuff Packs, and Kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Put firework on the ground in B&B and try to light them, or choose Place in world and light on Fireworks in your sims inventory.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will Reset (the T shape) and the firework does not lit
What do you expect to see? Fireworks being lit
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Started after Cottage Living EP release

Message 23 of 88 (2,922 Views)

Sims unable to light fireworks

Champion

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Xbox Series S
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Most recent as of September 2021
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Courtyard, island living, luxury party, laundry, snowy escape, vintage glamour, knitting, jungle, magic, bowling, cats and dogs, my first pet, outdoor retreat, country kitchen, throwback fit, toddler, decorator, fitness, romantic garden, dine out, movie, university, gnome on the go, patio, spa day, kids room, industrial loft, parenthood, backyard, Strangerville, Moschino, animal hats, tiny living, city living, get famous, life of the party, get to work, up all night, cottage living, get together, seasons, cool kitchen.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to light a firework anywhere, at a festival or at home.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim goes into a T pose and is left standing next to the unlit firework. Any related tasks still complete as if it was lit, so for the city living aspiration or for a fireworks night I've set on my calendar.
What do you expect to see? I expect fireworks!
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After installing Cottage Living pack and related update.

One of the many bugs encountered as a result of adding cottage living.

I don't work for EA. I'm a Volunteer.
+XP for helpful answers from fellow players.
Accept as Solution helps others find the answer.
Message 24 of 88 (2,947 Views)

Re: Unable to light fireworks at Humor and Hijinks Festival

★ Guide
@simvasion
The same thing was happening in my game, luckily I found this topic and downloaded your fix.
Thank you!!
Message 25 of 88 (2,865 Views)

Re: Unable to light fireworks at Humor and Hijinks Festival

★★★★ Novice
@simvasion Thanks so much!
Message 26 of 88 (2,826 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I play on pc, have all packs and don't use cc or mods. I have experienced the same thing. My sims took fireworks to a community lot. When they tried to light them, they did a T pose, reset and the fireworks remained unlit. The holiday tradition was completed though.

Message 27 of 88 (2,621 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

I have the exact same problem.

When I click on any firework from City Living, just doesn't work

PS: Still needs save?

Message 28 of 88 (2,478 Views)

Firework Bug

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? The Sims™ 4 Cottage Living Expansion Pack The Sims™ 4 Dream Home Decorator Game Pack The Sims™ 4 Paranormal Stuff Pack The Sims™ 4 Star Wars™: Journey to Batuu Game Pack The Sims™ 4 Get Famous The Sims™ 4 Cats & Dogs The Sims™ 4 Discover University The Sims™ 4 Island Living The Sims™ 4 City Living The Sims™ 4 Get Together The Sims™ 4 Seasons The Sims™ 4 Get To Work The Sims™ 4 Outdoor Retreat The Sims™ 4 StrangerVille The Sims™ 4 Vampires The Sims™ 4 Jungle Adventure The Sims™ 4 Parenthood The Sims™ 4 Realm of Magic The Sims™ 4 Dine Out The Sims™ 4 My First Pet Stuff The Sims™ 4 Cool Kitchen Stuff The Sims™ 4 Romantic Garden Stuff The Sims™ 4 Spooky Stuff The Sims™ 4 Backyard Stuff The Sims™ 4 Laundry Day Stuff The Sims™ 4 Holiday Celebration Pack The Sims™ 4 Tiny Living Stuff The Sims™ 4 Eco Lifestyle The Sims™ 4 Nifty Knitting Stuff Pack The Sims™ 4 Snowy Escape Expansion Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? every festival, in city living, sim tposes instead. Found a thread before but the issue is old. So the bug seems to be back
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim resets and tposes instead of lighting a firework
What do you expect to see? Sim to light the firework and not tpose.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8lsbv3PiR8&ab_channel=DarkStrife

Message 29 of 88 (2,299 Views)

Re: Firework Bug

★★★★★ Guide

Same issue although it’s not completing the city native requirement. I’ve tried fireworks and sparklers. The sparklers light but do not complete the aspiration task. 

Message 30 of 88 (2,259 Views)