fire

by kevshas

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Unable to light fireworks

★ Guide

July 2022 and it’s still happening. I tried different lots and different saves. If you buy fireworks from the computer and try to light them, nothing. 

Message 51 of 88 (1,610 Views)

Unable to play firework item from city living festival

★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Steam-PC
Which language are you playing the game in? 中文(繁體)
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions packs, many game packs, some stuff packs
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Visit Humor and Hijinks Festival and buy firework items 2. Play with the firework items OR 1. Visit Humor and Hijinks Festival and win the event 2. Play with the firework reward items
What happens when the bug occurs? Playing firework trigger nothing
What do you expect to see? Sim should set off the firework
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Trying to play with the firework items, which come from the city living festival. But those items have no response even I clicked the play firework action at the festival or at home.

Message 52 of 88 (1,596 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Yeah, unfortunately this bug is still alive and present. I'm having it too and it sucks!

Message 53 of 88 (1,521 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@simvasion Same Here
Message 54 of 88 (1,427 Views)

★ Guide

A year later and the problem is still there. Also x option to watch fireworks is missing

Message 55 of 88 (1,373 Views)

★ Guide

Unfortunately it is still not possible to light the fireworks. They are still bugged.

Message 56 of 88 (1,314 Views)

★ Guide

This issue seems to only be present in older saves as if a new save is started, they go off without a hitch (and without simvasions fix) Is there a reason why this happens in only older saves?

Message 57 of 88 (1,256 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I didn’t know about this issue until last month when I tried lighting fireworks in my current save to complete a holiday tradition. This save is only a few months old and I have visited the Finchwick fair once, which I think may have caused the issue (same scenario with the rocket building).

However, my main save is over 5 years old and fireworks can still be lit (seen NPCs lit them at the city festival while my active Sims lived in an apartment nearby). Never have visited Finchwick fair in this save.

Message 58 of 88 (1,099 Views)

★ Apprentice

For me this glitch is still happening (playing in older save as well) now even the npcs at the humor and hijinks festival glitch when trying to light a firework 

Message 59 of 88 (1,044 Views)
Highlighted

fire

★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.93.129.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All, except Werewolves
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place and light any firework, anywhere.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim will place the firework down but then it looks like the sim is reset and nothing happens
What do you expect to see? For the sim to place and light the firework and to actually see fireworks
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It happened awhile ago but idk when exactly

Message 60 of 88 (902 Views)