Re: Cannot light fireworks

by InvaderJoshDoom

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Unable to light fireworks

[ Edited ]
EA Sims Team

Hello.

Could someone share an unmodded save where the issue is actively occurring?  If so, instructions on how to share saves are here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

EDIT: We no longer need saves for this issue.  Thank you.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 11 of 88 (2,707 Views)

Cannot light fireworks

★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.78.58.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Island Living Cottage Living City Living Seasons Cats & Dogs Get to Work Get Together Dream Home Decorator Strangerville Parenthood Spa Day Outdoor Retreat My Fist Pet Laundry Day Toddler Backyard Vintage Glamour Fitness Kids Room Spooky Outdoor Patio
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Purchase fireworks from a vendor at a festival or buy mode or something 2. try to light them 3. Notice that there's an animation bug and then they don't light the fireworks
What happens when the bug occurs? There's an animation bug and the fireworks are not lit
What do you expect to see? I expect them to light the fireworks.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Basically what's written here. I noticed it at the humor and hijinks festival. Bought fireworks, tried to light them and there was an animation bug and they failed to light them. I recently did the upgrade and also purchased a bundle of Island Living, Outdoor Retreat, and Spooky Stuff.

Message 12 of 88 (2,709 Views)

Hero
@SimplestClerk I merged your post with the existing thread on this.

Could you send your save to EA as asked above by SimQARobo ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 88 (2,678 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hm yeah it doesn't happen when I start a brand new save, but I confirmed it still does in my existing save. What kind of information does the save contain? I'm wary about sharing files from my computer, but I also understand it's necessary for debugging purposes. Is there any identifying information about my computer, previous mods/items I had installed, etc? How do I know which save is which because they have obfuscated names like "Slot_0000000f.save"?

Once I know which save it is I can send it over.

Thanks!

Message 14 of 88 (2,653 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 177.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything except Batuu.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a sim and go to the humor and hijinks festival. Try to take a drink to join either side. After a few real life seconds, a last exception occurs and then it doesn't appear like you can join either side. Pranksters and Joksters don't appear on the fountains anymore. You can still join, it just has this visual glitch. Also, sims cannot light fireworks at festival.
What happens when the bug occurs? "Join the Pranksters" and "Join the Joksters" leave the fountains and are replaced with drinking certain kinds of teas. You can still join the groups by drinking from the fountains but it doesn't specify which group. When it comes to lighting fireworks, the sims get reset and do the T-Pose for a split second and don't do anything.
What do you expect to see? "Join the Pranksters" and "Join the Joksters" staying on the fountains and no last exception produced. Also, I expect fireworks to go off.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch after Cottage Living.

I have attached all of the last exception files that have been created by my game.

Message 15 of 88 (2,637 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@SimQARobo here's the file. It will self-destruct after loading. The password is Sims4
https://sendgb.com/TcyzwoSBdQZ

Please let me know if this is an issue and I can provide a non-passworded file.
Message 16 of 88 (2,621 Views)

Re: Unable to light fireworks at Humor and Hijinks Festival

★★★★ Novice
@simvasion This worked for me!
Message 17 of 88 (2,628 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello @SimplestClerk 

Could you please use the approved methods listed in the post I linked before?

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065... 

If you'd prefer not to share publicly, you can send me a private message with the link.

Also, to answer your previous questions:

• I'm not aware of any identifying information in the save file.
  • The save file may include some information on mods or cc that you've used before.
  • If you go to the Load Game UI, which you can access from the main menu, you can see which file corresponds to which save slot by mousing over the little icon next to the Sim's name when you have the save slot selected. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 18 of 88 (2,612 Views)

★★★★ Novice
@SimQARobo sorry I don't use Google Drive or OneDrive, but I can upload it to SednGB and then send you a link to that via PM without password protection.
Message 19 of 88 (2,518 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Hi - I'm trying to send you a link via PM and it's not letting me send it. Says 'access denied' for some reason. I'm trying to send an unmodded save...

Edit: NVM, sent it. 

Message 20 of 88 (2,452 Views)