Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CL] Children/Teens going to School in PJs

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have your kids go to school without changing outfits or showing first.
What happens when the bug occurs? Kids leave and come home in PJs
What do you expect to see? Kids changing their clothes like they used to when going outside the house.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Most recent patch in July, but this started after the June 18th patch.

I’ve started noticing after June 18 patch, my kids no longer change into their clothes when leaving for school. Sometimes they don’t have time to shower or I don’t have time to manually change their outfit. This has never been an issue before. I do have CC installed but I’ve removed it and still have the same issue. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 44 (5,622 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Children/Teens going to School in PJs

Hero

Child Sims will no longer forget they are in their Sleepwear when they go to school. Though in these times of Work and School from Home, I don’t blame them one bit.

Fixed in Patch 1.69.57/ 1.35

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 44 of 44 (2,227 Views)

All Replies

Re: Sims going to School in PJs

Hero
@candiecoatediv Probably has something to do with this fix: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/FIXED-Children-Not-Changing-to-Go-to-School/m-p/6996989 ..

I don't know if it was intended for everything or just the swimwear. I do think there would be more reports if it was a regular thing though so could you test a new save with no mods/cc at all to see if it happens there at all ? Maybe also a different household ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 44 (5,558 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@crinrict  That’s so odd that it’s heen an issue for a while as it just started happening in my game. Yes, I will start a fresh new game and see if it’s still an issue as I’ve noticed it with any household I play that has children. 

Message 3 of 44 (5,552 Views)

Hero
@candiecoatediv tested this on my save and they do change if they're in PJs for me.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 44 (5,541 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@crinrict @I pulled my sims fielder out and started a fresh game. The kid did change into something other than PJs. So right now I’m repair If my game to see if that works. If not I’ll pull my mods folder out and see if it’s that. Although no one is currently wearing any CC in this particular household. 

Message 5 of 44 (5,524 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Guide

ok. I took my mods folder out no changes both the child and teen remain in PJs when going to school. The teen will however change into his after school activities outfit when it’s time. This family is played in San Mayshuno. I then created a household in Willow creek and oasis springs and both kids changed before school into their everyday outfits. Is there a way to reset the households in San mayshuno? Is there a reason it only affects these lots? 

Update: 

I just put my mods folder back and went to willow creek and the child changed before school. I have a feelings it’s just affecting San Mayshuno. 

Update 2:

I moved my family out and into a house in willow creek and both the teen and child changed before school...two days in a row. Moved my family back into their apartment and nothing. 

Message 6 of 44 (5,509 Views)

Hero
@candiecoatediv I can duplicate it for apartments. Adjusted the title

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 44 (5,485 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Did they change in the apartments for you? I’m still having issues with only the apartments so far. I was thinking maybe the elevators are an issue? But the teen changed into his drama clothes so I don’t know. 

Message 8 of 44 (5,443 Views)

Hero
@candiecoatediv Yeah, for apartments I can duplicate the issue of them not changing.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 44 (5,412 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Do you think this is something that can be fixed with a patch update or something that will be everlasting? 

Message 10 of 44 (5,376 Views)