[OPEN] [CL] Sims Will Not Finish Eating Siopao at Spice Festival

by Lorraine-Simmer

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Sims Will Not Finish Eating Siopao

★★★ Pro

I don't think it is related to the Spice Festival.  My Sim was at the Flea Market and my Sim still had this issue.

Message 21 of 25 (421 Views)

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? randomly - maybe 50% or more? If I order another siopao from a vendor, the Sim will finish that one.  I have like forty instances of different Sims' saved files and this has happened several times.
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Eco Living
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim eat some siopao at the Spice Festival. It was on the buffet.
What happens when the bug occurs? Instead of completely finishing siopao at the Spice Festival, Sims put it down half-eaten. Once it's put down, the only option when clicking on it is to throw it away.
What do you expect to see? I would expect Sims to fully finish siopao when I direct them to eat it at the Spice Festival, instead of putting it down halfway through. I also would not expect throwing it away to be the only option available when clicking on the half-finished siopao. I want my Sims to learn every San Myshuno recipe. I'm a little bit particular as a completionist-type of gamer.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? No.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Not that I know of
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent patch/Eco Living, but this bug has happened previously..

Message 22 of 25 (398 Views)

Champion

@canelacaliente, the reason everybody is saying they are having this problem only at the Spice Festival is because the problem is only when the Siopao is on the free buffet table , and that is only located at the Spice Festival. Wink  All other foods from the buffet table work just fine (we can eat it and learn the recipe), and likewise, when we buy the Siopao at a food stall we have no problems eating it and learning the recipe! Raised eyebrow (One person did say they had the problem with Siopao on the menu at a restaurant, but I haven't tried that.)

If you are having problems eating Siopao from the actual food stalls (like at the Flea Market) then that is a separate issue, since no one else is having problems with it. Wink

CCP Champion Banner - Red.png

Message 23 of 25 (377 Views)

★★ Guide
@PugLove888 I had problems with siopao at the spice festival (with several different Sims in several different saves although it's gotten more annoying since the Snowy Escape update. No mods or CC in the save.) But I've *also* had it happen when they bought it at a food stall. It seems to be specific to siopao, not where I get the siopao or with any other foods at the buffet.
Message 24 of 25 (310 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

@PugLove888my sims actually won't finish preparing the siapao at home. They start preparing the food, but never finish it. Maybe this whole food is bugged somehow Thinking

edit: same issue for sweet sour eggplant.

Message 25 of 25 (239 Views)