by alanmichael1

Original Post

[OPEN] [CL] Sims Will Not Finish Eating Siopao at Spice Festival

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim eat some siopao at the Spice Festival. It was on the buffet.
What happens when the bug occurs? Instead of completely finishing siopao at the Spice Festival, Sims put it down half-eaten. Once it's put down, the only option when clicking on it is to throw it away.
What do you expect to see? I would expect Sims to fully finish siopao when I direct them to eat it at the Spice Festival, instead of putting it down halfway through. I also would not expect throwing it away to be the only option available when clicking on the half-finished siopao.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. The most recent patch/Cats and Dogs

I've discovered a bug that was never in my game before the most recent patch/Cats and Dogs. For some reason, my Sims will not completely finish siopao when I direct them to eat it at the Spice Festival. Instead, they put it down halfway through. Not only that, but the only option available when I click the half-finished siopao is to throw it away. Strangely, when I have my Sims order it from a regular food stall, they finish eating it without any problems.

Edit By Crinrict: Adjusted Tag

Message 1 of 25 (3,882 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [CL] Sims Will Not Finish Eating Siopao

Hero

Hi @Lorraine-Simmer

is this repeatable for you at non-festivals as well ? Mine just ate her Siopao without any issues. Did anything interrupt the process of eating ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 25 (3,758 Views)

Hero

Nudge 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 25 (3,746 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

@crinrict

I just tested it, and it seems that your suspicion is correct. This only appears to be a problem at the Spice Festival (it was on the buffet). I tried it at a regular food stall, and my Sim finished it without any problems. Will update the first post and title with updated information.

EDIT: Updated!

Message 4 of 25 (3,740 Views)

Hero

I'll re-test at the festival .. when I get one

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 5 of 25 (3,732 Views)

★★★ Guide

Gosh, I just realized how hard this can be to actually test. The food stalls that show up by default at the Spice Festival do not sell siopao, so the only way to get it is if it's on the buffet, and even then there's no guarantee that it will spawn, since the items that spawn on the buffet are completely random.

Message 6 of 25 (3,717 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

It does. So this may be on testing for a while Wink

Just got the festival and can dupe this. I'll add on the next round

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 25 (3,698 Views)

★★★ Guide

Oh thank goodness it isn't just me! This is totally bizarre, though. I have no idea what would cause this one food specifically to be an issue at the Spice Festival. I don't think I saw this happening with the other foods there. Wondering

Message 8 of 25 (3,675 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Pro

I have the same bug at the Spice Festival. There is also no green circle indicating the progress of the eating.

Message 9 of 25 (3,660 Views)

Re:[CL] Sims Will Not Finish Eating Siopao

Hero

Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 25 (3,629 Views)