[FIXED] [CL] Sim starts painting and then plays basketball instead

by b1brittany

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Sim starts painting and then plays basketball instead

★★★★ Novice

I have the same issue. My sim family lives in Evergreen Harbor, Port Promise district on "The Shipping View" lot. I got all stuff and extention packs and the bug happens with and without any mods. The sim has a distinguished degree in art history and the aspiration "Painter extraordinaire", so she should like painting. 

Thanks for the workarounds, that helps, but I hope this bug is corrected soon. 

Message 11 of 52 (1,954 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

I have the same issue. Especially, my sims start painting from reference in San Mychuno, he and she paint for a couple of mins, then go to play basketball, then I just ask them come back and resume the painting, then they do for a couple of mins, then go to play basketball again. They played basketball about 7 to 8 times while completing only 1 paint. I really got annoyed. They are fine when painting at home lot. I haven't purchased Eco Lifestyle yet.

Message 12 of 52 (1,952 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sim starts painting and then plays basketball instead

★ Novice

@b1brittany Thanks for this recommendation! I've started doing this and it works! It happens whenever the Sim is painting or working on the robotics workbench, so far.

Message 13 of 52 (1,897 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sim starts painting and then plays basketball instead

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@Ballerinahippo wrote:

For my sim, it's not basketball, but playing with their cat that they want to do instead of finish a painting.  I think they will drop painting for anything that is considered fun.  Queuing up any action after the paint interaction seems to be an effective workaround.  For example, if your sim won't finish a painting try queuing up "resume painting" followed by "wash hands" at a sink or something.  It doesn't seem to matter what action you have queued up AFTER painting as long as something is there.  Heck, you could probably even tell them to play basketball after painting and they would finish the painting, then play basketball (though I haven't actually tried that one.

Wow, thanks, I will try this! My painter sim always stops to play with the cat, watch the cat, talk to the cat etc. There are other sims in the household who keep the cat totally fine, but noooo she has to interrupt painting (at every easel) after a few seconds just to do anything else, so annoying!

Message 14 of 52 (1,872 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

My workaround for my sim in Windenberg is that if he goes off lot to the easel in the world area he will keep painting as normal, but if he tries to paint on an easel on his home lot he'll stop and play basketball instead.

Message 15 of 52 (1,819 Views)

Sim keeps stopping painting to play basketball

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? EPO3: 1.assets.ml-ep03.251
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Eco Lifestyle, Discover University, Realm of Magic, Tiny Living, Island Living, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats & Dogs, My First Pet Stuff, Jungle Adventure, Laundry Day Stuff, City Living, Parenthood, Dine Out, Fitness Stuff, Get To Work, Vampires, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Spooky Stuff, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Cool Kitchen Stuff, Luxury Party Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Holiday Celebration Pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? All you have to do is make your sim use either any easel, or the Digitalistic Sketchpad.
What happens when the bug occurs? My sim will paint on either an easel or the Digitalistic Sketchpad for no more than a few seconds before automatically canceling the function. When using the Sketchpad, she will just stop suddenly as if I clicked ‘debug’, and the Sketchpad will be cleared every time. When I use the easel, she will cancel the function to go use the basketball hoop every single time, but I can make her resume the painting over and over until it’s complete.
What do you expect to see? She should complete the painting on the Sketchpad or easel without any interruptions.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It started after the most recent patch to fix the continuous crashing.

No screenshots available

Message 16 of 52 (1,720 Views)

Re: [OPEN] Sims needs multiple tries to finish Painting on Sketch Tablet

★★★ Novice
@SweetieWright_84 same issue comes up on the easel. Sim starts painting and then immediately stops and plays basketball
Message 17 of 52 (1,640 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Same problem, although it seems to only happen to one of the two sims in the household who are painters. The other will usually continue painting until she's finished, if I remember correctly. This is on a lot in Desert Oasis, in a house I built myself. I did have a basketball hoop on the lot but I got annoyed by the bug and temporarily removed it. No mods or CC, and the problem persisted even after restarting/repairing/clearing cache. I first noticed it after the last patch, but I hadn't played that save in a while, so I don't know how long it's actually been an issue.

Message 18 of 52 (1,607 Views)

★ Guide

It happens to other activities too. Authenticate artifact is also affected. It seems it is related to some NAP "Neighborhood Action Plan".

Message 19 of 52 (1,544 Views)

★★ Pro
@DolphinSSA I've had it happen with cooking, as well, if the basketball hoop is in proximity to the kitchen. Anything that goes in the oven, Sims decide to go play basketball. And then I have to make the Sim resume cooking. Don't know why the basketball hoop is so enticing.
Message 20 of 52 (1,541 Views)