Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CL] Sim starts painting and then plays basketball instead

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.134.1220
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except for: Eco Lifestyle, Tiny living and Spa Day
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Get a sim to start painting on a canvas
What happens when the bug occurs? A sim will start painting using the deluxe all season canvas. After a few sim minutes, they immediately stop painting, and they get the action to go play basketball, even though they weren't told to.
What do you expect to see? The sim completes the painting or continues painting until otherwise instructed.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Latest patch installed on 5th June.

Have tried resetting sim, resetting object, buying a new canvas and starting a new painting. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 52 (16,967 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Sim starts painting and then plays basketball instead

Hero

You know when you have something important to work on and then you procrastinate, and maybe play a little basketball before getting back to it before… basketball? Well we told the Sims that if they didn’t focus we’d take their basketball away, they can play later. So now Sims should no longer stop their important tasks to autonomously go and play basketball.

Fixed in Patch 1.102.190/1.82

Please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 52 of 52 (1,447 Views)

All Replies

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] Sim starts painting and then plays basketball instead

Hero
@b1brittany Is it just painting that's affected by basketball ?

On which lot is your Sim living ? I take it you have a basketball hoop on the lot ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 52 (16,824 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I’ve not noticed it happening with any other activities but it only started today after I updated the sims 4 patch. 

My sim is living in Sulani on one of the 50x50 lots (kind of centre right). Not sure what it’s called! 

EDit: Oh and yes I have a basketball hoop on the lot.

(post merge) - Atic 

Message 3 of 52 (16,810 Views)

Hero
@b1brittany OK. Thanks

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 52 (16,780 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I'm having this one, where she started to paint, but then kept wanting to go play b-ball instead. It took four or five tries to complete the painting. At the time I was having this one, the only mod I use regularly, UI Cheats, wasn't installed because of the new patch.

Message 5 of 52 (16,708 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@ThyEndlessWait I've found a temporary work around for this - if you select "resume painting" twice (queue it up twice) your sim should continue the painting until they're finished. The bug seems to only happen when the action is queued once. Hope that helps! Standard smile
Message 6 of 52 (16,670 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@b1brittanyI hope this work around helps. xD I've been getting frustrated with my save and was about to delete the basketball hoop because I need the sim to finish painting.

Adding to info on this. Living in Willow Creek on the park lot that I turned to a residential. Every time I queue painting of any kind they stop painting and go try to play basketball.

Edit: Another work around that I forgot to mention but only helps if there is a sim around. My sim will continue to paint if they're in a conversation which slows down how long the painting takes but at least they'll finish it. But again, only if there is another sim close enough to talk to. 

Message 7 of 52 (16,430 Views)

★★ Apprentice

For my sim, it's not basketball, but playing with their cat that they want to do instead of finish a painting.  I think they will drop painting for anything that is considered fun.  Queuing up any action after the paint interaction seems to be an effective workaround.  For example, if your sim won't finish a painting try queuing up "resume painting" followed by "wash hands" at a sink or something.  It doesn't seem to matter what action you have queued up AFTER painting as long as something is there.  Heck, you could probably even tell them to play basketball after painting and they would finish the painting, then play basketball (though I haven't actually tried that one). 

Message 8 of 52 (16,374 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Guide

I noticed this the other day with one of my Sims, but with archaeology/basketball.  He'd stop uncovering/authenticating after just a few seconds, and go down and play basketball.  He lives in Willow Creek, and I had just added the basketball court back to the lot (they'd had it before, but I took it out and had it in their inventory for a while).  I tried locking him in with the archaeology bench, but he still dropped the action, then got grumpy that he couldn't figure out how to get to the basketball court.  I ended up using MCCC to disable all autonomy on the net.  He's got the active trait, so he likes to autonomously work out anyway, but he always finished things I told him to do before going to the exercise machines - it was just the basketball net that pulled him away immediately.

Message 9 of 52 (16,312 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] Sim starts painting and then plays basketball instead

★★★ Guide

I have the same problem, only my sim goes to play with the cat wand after few minutes of starting the painting. No matter how many time I press continue painting, they stop after few minutes without being told to stop.

Message 10 of 52 (15,984 Views)