Re: [OPEN] [CL] Sim starts painting and then plays basketball instead

by Nekoboy69

Original Post

★★★ Apprentice
@stjmk There's a separate bug where sims are dropping cooking/eating to do practically anything else, so I wonder if you might actually have one or both of those going on with your sims.
Message 21 of 52 (1,340 Views)

★★ Pro
@Ar5ynal Haven't had them dropping cooking/eating anywhere else. It's only on that one house with the basketball hoop close to the kitchen, and it's only if they're cooking something that goes in the oven, and it's only for the basketball, nothing else. Sims are weird.
Message 22 of 52 (1,337 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I also have this issue. They will drop panting for something with a great fun increase abs in this case it’s basketball. I have a craft room abs a basket ball hoop in my roof and they also cancel painting to play. Add a speaker or stereo to the area where they are painting and they will listen, gain fun and paint at the same time. 

Message 23 of 52 (1,280 Views)

★ Apprentice
@b1brittany I deleted the basketball court off my lot. At least until the bug gets fixed.
Message 24 of 52 (1,201 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem with my Sims not only with painting but, also during a Professional Gaming Tournament losing §100(s) each time they run off to have fun with the basketball hoop. Yet another of many annoying glitches that I hope will be fixed soon.

Good idea on a temporary fix queuing "Resume Painting" and "Listening to Stereo", I'm going to try these when I'm next in game.

Thank you!

Message 25 of 52 (1,162 Views)

★ Guide

@Rain12121 wrote:
@b1brittanyI deleted the basketball court off my lot. At least until the bug gets fixed.

I did the same. I got so annoyed that my sim kept running to the basketball hop instead of painting. 

Message 26 of 52 (1,123 Views)

★ Apprentice
@Ar5ynal I think I remember that happening a few patches ago. But they have given that up to continuously cook food, lol.
Message 27 of 52 (1,094 Views)

★★ Novice

Just a quick reply to say that this bug from July 2020 is still happening!

Thanks for the advice. I'm going to delete the basketball hoop as well Frown

Message 28 of 52 (1,033 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Yeah, I removed my basketballl hoop and have been known to take the cat wand out of my Sim's inventory and pop into buildbuy to put it in the household inventory with the comment, "You can have this back when you're finished painting."

They make goldfish look focused. 

Message 29 of 52 (996 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

This is a problem for me too, same deal. Basketball hoop on lot, only paints for seconds before dropping it to play basketball.

Message 30 of 52 (914 Views)