by kwanzaabot

Original Post

[OPEN] [CL] [SE] Wearing festival T-shirt permanently alters current outfit

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.74.59.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All EPs, Parenthood GP, Tiny Living SP, Laundry Day SP, Courtyard Oasis Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go to any of the CL festivals, buy and wear festival T-Shirt - it will permanently alter the current outfit. Need to plan outfits to change it. Every time.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim's outfit gets permanently overwritten with the festival t-shirt.
What do you expect to see? I expect the outfit to stay the same. The sim should wear the festival T-shirt until I change their outfit, then it disappears. I expect there be no permanent change to planned outfits.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

There was already a thread about this issue in 2016. Says fixed, but down the line it seems to have broken again. See here

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 11 (4,056 Views)

sessions tshirts are overwriting the wardrobe of all sims that attend

★★★ Newbie

the sessions event has these tshirts, and all the sims that visit the spot are buying them and its ruining their wardrobe by permanently setting them to wear the tshirts and overwrite their original outfits. its doing this to so many; it is so annoying to deal with. can i disable this tshirt thing for non controlled sims, or just completely if that isnt an option?

and can i set them back to their original outfits quickly? or am i forced to manually edit every single sim one by one... ;-;

Message 2 of 11 (3,963 Views)

Re: sessions tshirts are overwriting the wardrobe of all sims that attend

Hero
@fabulousmaximus I merged this with the bug report of festival t-shirts replacing the outfit. I don't think there's a non-manual way unless some mod provides that option.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 11 (3,945 Views)

Sims Sessions permanently replaces Sims' outfits with festival tees

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.76.81.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All except Country Kitchen and 90s Throwback Kits
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Visit the Sims Sessions festival, check CAS for all Sims in attendance
What happens when the bug occurs? When an NPC Sim attends the Sims Sessions festival, they autonomously change into festival t-shirts. These shirts permanently replace "outfit 1" in the everyday category (for most Sims this is their only everyday outfit). It also affects any seasonal outfits (Summer or Winterwear), depending on the temperature.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see Sims change into "uniforms" like they do in any other festival (ie yukatas in the Mt. Komorebi festivals, which are temporary, and do not affect their everyday outfits).
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Patch 1.76.81.1020

In the below link you will find copies of my save, before (Slot_00000021.save) and after (Slot_0000000b.save) the outfits have been replaced by this bug. I have also included screenshots.

https://easyupload.io/m/1c9hjd 

Message 4 of 11 (3,960 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Hi Crin, I'm not sure why you merged these threads.

Both myself and fabulousmaximus are experiencing a bug where NPC (ie non-player) Sims are autonomously replacing their outfits, specifically at the Sims Sessions festival, while daFigg is experiencing a bug where played Sims are manually replacing their outfits at City Living festivals.

As far as I'm aware there is no AI behaviour at City Living festivals that causes attendees to autonomously change into festival tees, but there is at the Sims Sessions festival. In fact, the "marketStalls_BuyCASassetAndWear_BlossomFestival" interaction (this is the interaction that governs buying and wearing Romance Festival tees), as well as related interactions for other CL festivals are specifically set to disallow Sims from autonomously doing them.

There is no such ban on autonomy for the "marketStalls_BuyCASassetAndWear_MusicFestival_BebeRexha" interaction, nor for other related Sims Sessions tees.

They're similar bugs, they're even related bugs (as they both replace outfits with festival shirts), but for the sake of any Maxis developers reading this it's worth emphasizing they're not the same bug--one is autonomous (thus affecting dozens of Sims every time), one is manual (and only affects one Sim at a time, and can be avoided).

Message 5 of 11 (3,846 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Sims Sessions has ruined my sims' outfits. I have the exact same problem as Kwanzaabot and Fabulousmaximus. All the sims who attend the Sims Sessions festival are autonomously changing into t-shirts that permanently change their wardrobes. I expected them to change back to their normal outfits, but they have not. I have to go into CAS for all these different sims and recreate their outfits because the game didn't even save the original outfit as an option. It even removed all of their accessories - jewelry, socks(!), etc. It knocked Cassandra Goth's glasses right off her head and the socks off her feet. I'm very frustrated because each sim's wardrobe is meticulously crafted, time-consuming, and very specific to each sim.

Message 6 of 11 (3,712 Views)

Re: Sims Sessions permanently replaces Sims' outfits with festival tees

[ Edited ]
Hero

@kwanzaabot Sorry, I'm only seeing this just now.

The main bug is the same thing. The festival outfit shouldn't replace the everyday outfit, it should be more of a situational outfit that doesn't affect the everyday outfit.

Would you mind them changing into the outfit during the sessions if they changed out of it again ? I personally liked that they all changed into fan T-Shirts during the sessions (but yes, I would have appreciated it if it was a temp thing)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 11 (3,613 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] [SE] Wearing festival T-shirt permanently alters current outfit

★★ Pro

I'm seeing this too, with both city living festivals and the sessions one. The outfits are permanently altered so the t-shirt remains AND it gets rid of their eye glasses and several other accessories, at least necklaces and piercings.

Message 8 of 11 (3,573 Views)

★★ Guide

This is happening with High School Years as well. The Chess Team, Computer Team, Cheerleader and Quarterback Shirts from the High School Festivals replace a sim's current outfit.

1.90.375.1020. PC, No Mods.

Message 9 of 11 (2,741 Views)

★★ Novice
@dafigg I am shocked!!! O_O
Message 10 of 11 (2,172 Views)