by BerBuzer

Original Post

[OPEN] [CL] [S] Snow inside Premade buildings

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? all *except* My First Pets Stuff pack, StrangerVille Game pack, Moschino Stuff pack and Tiny Living Stuff pack
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? there has to be snow on the ground during winter, travel with your sim to Planet Honey Pop in San Myshuno and there's snow inside the building
What happens when the bug occurs? snow appears inside the building with a roof and all connected walls (there's no holes in the roof or gaps in walls)
What do you expect to see? snow appears inside the building Planet Honey Pop in San Myshuno (and maybe other residential lots in other worlds) removing the roof or a bit of the wall of the building makes the snow disappear, but making it a functional "room" again (connecting the walls/covering the room with a roof) makes the snow appear back inside the building
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

1.0.png

2.0.png

3.0.png

4.0.png

5.0.png

Message 1 of 22 (7,858 Views)

Re: Snow appearing inside buildings

★★★★★ Apprentice

FYI, this happens also when you build your own lot with the same technique, in otherwords whenever you use "fake split leveling".

Message 2 of 22 (7,778 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
I noticed this exact same problem, with the exact same lot. At first I thought the floor color had changed and then I realized it actually was snow. I wasn't building anything at the time; my sims were just at a festival. I didn't try to edit the lot in any way after seeing the snow. Also I've never had any mods or CC installed. I think it started after installing the January patch.
Message 3 of 22 (7,744 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CL] [S] Snow inside Planet Honey Pop

Hero (Retired)

This happens on PS4 also. It happens also at Disco Pan Europa in Windenburg.

Message 4 of 22 (7,715 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT] [CL] [S] Snow inside Premade buildings

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

~ Edit ~

How can we find the bug ourselves?
this bug happened whilst building on the 3rd floor Mid-Nowhere residential lot in Windenburg too (I was building on a house I downloaded from the gallery)

I'm dumb. I built the 3rd floor with just walls and a roof. I'm not a frequent builder so I didn't realise I had to put down the box room tool first to build a room with a ceiling.

Hence the snow inside the 3rd floor rooms Disappointed

Message 5 of 22 (7,669 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I am also having this issue on the exact same lot.....how is this STILL happening and on an official EA lot? This is ridiculous.....I have newest patch and no mods.

Message 6 of 22 (7,611 Views)

★ Guide

I noticed this issue for the first time in my Game a few days ago. And its the same premade lot "Planet Honey Pop". I havent made any changes to the lots. Its the original one that shipped with City Living.

Message 7 of 22 (7,587 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I think this is correct, I had this bug as well and it seems to be related to the raised central platform. If you draw a wall along the left side of the platform from one wall to the opposite wall (going over the lights on the left) this removes the platform. The snow disappears (and so do some other objects). I tried some other lots from the gallery and anything that has the original central platform seems to get the indoor snow bug even if the rest of the lot is quite different. 

I uploaded a fixed version of the lot to the gallery with missing objects replaced. It's under my username a_recording.  Here is a screenshot of my version without the indoor snow:

05-10-20_12-10-19 PM.jpg

There may be some other minor differences to the original EA lot that I missed. Also the lot seems to get darker once you "close it off" since it's no longer "outdoors". You may need to add some ceiling lights.

Message 8 of 22 (7,490 Views)
Highlighted

Snow inside building.

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.136.1010
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Get Together, City Living, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Get Famous, Discover University, Outdoor Retreat, Spa Day, Dine Out, Vampires, Parenthood, Jungle Adventure, Realm of Magic, Movie Hangout Stuff, Kids Room Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Fitness Stuff, Toddler Stuff, Laundry Day Stuff, Tiny Living Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Location and time Planet Honey Pop! - Karaoke bar in San Myshuno during winter.
What happens when the bug occurs? The floor inside building is covered with snow.
What do you expect to see? The floor shouldn't have been covered with snow.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

After visited Planet Honey Pop! during winter I find out odd situation. The whole floor where snow can't rain, was covered with snow.

Message 9 of 22 (7,408 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] [S] Snow inside Premade buildings

★★★★ Apprentice

I have same problem too. The floor also has this "odd hue" lighting as if it was outside. Clearly the game considers it semi-outdoors. 

Message 10 of 22 (7,335 Views)