by EuphorialQueen

Original Post

[OPEN] [CL] [S] Rain appears to break food stall vendors

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Wait for a rainstorm or thunderstorm, then wait for the vendors to open a food stall. I am in San Myshuno, Art Quarter.
What happens when the bug occurs? The vendor repeatedly resets opening the food stall, during thunder and rain storms. Sometimes it'll fix itself, and sometimes the vendor stays outside the food stall and disappears at the end of their shift, other times.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the vendor open the food stall on the first attempt, rain or shine.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Gif of vendor reset event. The rain seems to break the vendors opening their food stalls. I am in San Myshuno in the Art Quarter

Message 1 of 6 (2,582 Views)

Re: Rain appears to break food stall vendors

[ Edited ]
Hero

Yup. I see this too but only with thunderstorms. If it's just raining it's fine for me.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 6 (2,522 Views)

★★ Guide
I don't know if this is related or not but in Oasis Springs with one of the newly added Summer food stalls, I had four vendors attempt to open the stall before any of them were successful and there was no rain at the time. The first vendor spawned at the edge of the word and just stood there for a few hours before leaving. The second and third vendors made it to the stand but then immediately turned and left to stand by the world exit portal fo a little while before leaving. The fourth vendor (in a different colour uniform this time) walked up to the stand and manned it fine for a few hours but chose to close and leave around midday. I stopped watching it then so I don't actually know if another vendor turned up or not.
Message 3 of 6 (2,494 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Light rain in San Myshuno.  I went to the Spice District and the Arts Quarter.  Two vendors were present outside their stalls when the lot loaded.  Both opened their stalls immediately even though there was light rain.  A third Vendor arrived a little later with an umbrella and just stood outside the stall.  Almost as if she was unable to enter with an umbrella.

Message 4 of 6 (2,395 Views)

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 6 (2,361 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Vendor was stuck in a loop of going into and out of stall and not actually opening the stall. I tried the resetim action on her and also tried to reset the stall but that did not work.

I went to manage world and located her household. I pulled the household into CAS and back out again. That seemed to reset her and all was well.

Video quality is not great but illustrates the issue. Notice it is a sunny day and not raining.

EQ Avid Sims Player
I do not work for EA but I do volunteer at AnswersHQ to help others with their game issues.
EAGameChanger - The Sims 4 Gallery Creator
Gallery Tag: #EQCreations
Message 6 of 6 (2,307 Views)