by Ar5ynal

Original Post

[OPEN] [S] [CL] [FR] NPC Go Inside Apartment in Extreme Weather

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.63.133.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: All Game Packs: Outdoor Retreat, Dine Out, Spa Day, Strangerville Stuff Packs: My First Pet, Perfect Patio, Moschino, Tiny House
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a Sim live in an apartment. Wait for extreme weather to hit.
What happens when the bug occurs? NPC Sims come inside my Sim's apartment. There is no option to ask them to leave.
What do you expect to see? The NPC Sims to not come into my Sim's apartment.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Whenever there is extreme weather like a thunderstorm or a snowstorm NPC Sims that are outside run into my Sim's apartment for cover.  There is no option to ask them to leave.  They use my Sims's objects and act like they live there.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 3 (2,458 Views)

Random Townie Sims Entering Apartment Uninvited During Blizzards

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.67.45.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons, City Living, Get Together, Spa Day, Toddler Stuff, Bowling Night Stuff, Backyard Stuff, Movie Hangout Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim/household living in Medina Studios Apartments. Wait for a blizzard to start.
What happens when the bug occurs? Once the blizzard starts, random townies will come upstairs in the elevator and walk straight into your sim's apartment uninvited and start walking around/using your sim's stuff as though they are invited guests or guests who have a key. They don't even knock or anything before coming into the apartment.
What do you expect to see? Random sims should not be entering my sims' apartment uninvited and making themselves at home. Even if they do come up in the elevator, they should remain in the hallway or knock on the door to the apartment, not just come straight in.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. I only noticed this issue after the most recent patch.

As mentioned above, random townies are just walking into my sims' apartment during blizzards. I'm assuming it has to do with the 'get inside' action that automatically pops up when sims are outside during a blizzard, because they all come out of the elevator shivering before they walk into the apartment. The sims entering the apartment don't seem to have any relationship with the sims in the household, since all the introduction options pop up when you click on them. Having one of my sims tell the uninvited sim to leave lowers the relationship bar, so now my sim has several townies who dislike her because she kicked them out for coming into her apartment uninvited. They did have one invited guest in the apartment already at the time the blizzard started and all the uninvited sims started coming in one after the other. In the screenshot, two sims are on their way in, and one is leaving after having just been kicked out. A fourth sim had already gotten kicked out just before the screenshot was taken. I have another household that lives in an actual house in Willow Creek, but I did not notice this behavior when I last played with that household, so I think this might be an apartment-specific problem, though I'm not sure if it's all apartment buildings or just Medina Studios. I should also note that I just cleared my cache and repaired my game files about an hour ago in an attempt to fix a separate bug, and noticed this issue after those steps had already been taken.

Message 2 of 3 (2,303 Views)

Re: [CURRENT ISSUE] Sims invading Homes

★★★★★ Expert
  • Which packs do you own (if you have a lot, please list the ones you don't own) ALL EP EXCEPT HSY, GRO, HR and FR / ALL GP EXCEPT MWS / ALL SP / CKK-IAK-CSK-MCK-FFK-DLK-PPK-ECK-SCK-GRK
  • Please describe in details when you had them enter your home. Thunderstorm with lightning, a terrified NPC comes running fearfully into my house through the front door without knocking.
  • Have you ever used mods/cc on this save ? Not now. I removed them long ago, and it was only a couple of CAS cc.
  • Do you have your front door locked ? Not the front door but the back door and the gates yes.
  • Do you have the issue in Rental Units/Houses or Apartments ? I don't own FR.
  • Do you have the option to send them home ? No
  • Did you have a party going on and guests just overstayed their welcome ? No
  • Any specific world you have issues with ? Sulani
  • Any special type of NPC you have come over all the time ? No, they're random NPCs
  • Did you ever give the Sims coming in a key ? No
  • What are they doing once they are in your home ? They close the umbrella, scream in fear, sometimes sit down, after a while the balloon appears to them that means they are leaving (It is usually a hand, a pillow or a folder full of papers)
  • Anything else that comes to mind. It's always NPCs
Message 3 of 3 (580 Views)