Re: [OPEN] [CL] Potty Mouth Toilet: Humming Noise Wont Stop

by Slangnawt

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

The sound was driving me up the wall!

I'm playing in a small home with 8 sims and it started (what I assumed) when I set the thermostat to a cooler temperature. Initially I thought it was A/C sound from the thermostat until I found out it was the toilet so I deleted it and replaced it with a CC one I had. The sound continued so I reloaded the whole program and it seems to have stopped for now.

Message 21 of 36 (2,135 Views)

Re: Potty Mouth Toilet: Humming Noise Wont Stop

★★★ Newbie

I am still having this issue, saving and quitting the game does not work and neither does deleting the toilet. It's currently an issue in two of my lots, I've even deleted the whole lot and started from scratch but it didn't help. Any advice? 

Message 22 of 36 (2,095 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Still happening.

However there seems to be a trigger, for me: Kids.

I have played a house for a week or more (real time, not Sims time) and no issues with four talking toilets. But as soon as my toddlers aged up and used one as a kid, this problem was triggered immediately.

For me it is clear: Restarted game, only adult using toilet... no issue. Restarted game, kid uses toilet? Instant bug.

Message 23 of 36 (2,019 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Added: Did some more testing: It is only triggered if a child uses the massage function.

Message 24 of 36 (2,003 Views)

★ Guide

In my game, it always happens with frequent repetitive use of the Potty Mouth. For example, when a toddler ages up to a child, I have him use the Potty Mouth 12 times in a row to master it. (I prefer the child going to school focused, not energized.) The noise is audible afterwards. Even if a child learns how to use the Potty Mouth at someone else's house, if I play that other household, the noise will be in their bathroom, too. It has happened to me in the homes where the Potty Mouth had excessive use.

Message 25 of 36 (1,958 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Like many in this thread, I thought I was going nuts. I think the kid(s) triggered this toilet noise for me as well, for I didn't have any problems previously with the device. Now that I know that, I will ban the little buggers from using it (I'd get rid of it entirely, but the adults are so attached to it--LOL).
Message 26 of 36 (1,953 Views)

★ Guide

I’ve been experiencing this bug since longer than I can remember (I used to play with no sound until January). The only quick fix I could suggest is getting new non-electronic toilets until the bug is fixed.

Message 27 of 36 (1,929 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ooh a fix for this would be lovely! I always forget what the sound is, but it drives me MAD!!! It seems to be clear what triggers it from previous comments- I had a child using the use & ? option which may have been massage in a non-full household. Just adding my comments so it moves up the importance list!!!

Message 28 of 36 (1,893 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This has happened twice in my game. For me, it's only when a child chooses the "use and massage". I've been able to stop the sound by shutting down the game and then restarting. Maybe the "massage" option should be removed for children, I don't always catch them before they auto select it.

Message 29 of 36 (1,864 Views)

Hero

Hi all

thanks for your input.

Pretty reproducible if you use the massage option with a child. Couldn't get it to happen with any of the others

@Nuke615 can you confirm that could be the cause ? As they are using the option on their own, it's hard to prevent.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 30 of 36 (1,805 Views)