Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [CL] People aren't into pants at GeekCons anymore

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? n/a
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Wait till GeekCon, play for a while and then you'll see them.
What happens when the bug occurs? People aren't wearing pants.
What do you expect to see? People wearing, you know, pants.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I tried repairing the game and started another new save. 

Message 1 of 26 (4,824 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [TO TEST] [CL] People aren't into pants at GeekCons anymore

Hero

NPC Sims that attend Festivals are not longer seen in not festival appropriate outfits.

Fixed in Patch 1.58.63

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 26 of 26 (3,816 Views)

All Replies

Hero
Hi @GengarUsedLick

does this just happen at Geekcon or other festivals as well ? When you take the Sims to CAS, are they wearing any ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 26 (4,761 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I've noticed this only at GeekCon, for several saves actually and I didn't look in CAS but I think it's the "cosplayer" outfit, I took more pictures of sims not wearing pants and a lot of them had the witch's/death's or Super Llama's hat, a lot of them were wearing stuff NPCs usually don't wear as a top... It is just a bizarre bug... I'm about to play more and I'll go to every festival to see if they have a dress code in them.

Message 3 of 26 (4,744 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Ok quick update; on one of my pictures there was the Feng household, just checked them and they are wearing pants of each outfit category. The outfit they are wearing at GeekCon seems to be a situation outfit.

Message 4 of 26 (4,739 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I'm going to stick a "Me too" and confirm this one.

Back in February when they fixed the strangely dressed NPCs at festivals, they fixed all festivals except for GeekCon and I commented there, but the thread is marked as "feedback" and so it was probably overlooked.

The some of the situational outfits for visitors to GeekCon seem bugged, so they appear in random clothing or without pants on.

I also notice that I no longer see sims walking around in Pro Gamer outfits (jacket and cap like the sims wear if they are in the eSports branch of Tech Guru) which I remember seeing in older videos of let's plays of City Living.

And the cosplayers seem to only wear a few of the available outfits now - I haven't seen any sims wearing the Star Wars outfits for several patches now. No Princess Leias, No Vaders, No Twii'Lek women.

Edit: Spotted a Princess Leia, a Darth Maul and a pro gamer outfit on a townie doing the UGT, so those still work, just rarer than I expected.

Perhaps some tagging errors in the clothing and the game is trying to use those, but failing?

If they do fix this, can they also tag a few more of the costumes they added to the game for cosplayers at GeekCon, like the Final Fantasy XV Noctis costume? I'd love to see sims walking around in that.

Message 5 of 26 (4,731 Views)

Hero
On backlog testing list

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 26 (4,692 Views)

Re: [OPEN] [CL] People aren't into pants at GeekCons anymore

Hero
Added

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 26 (4,658 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

I had a GeekCon happen today, so I thought I'd check it out to see if the latest patch had changed anything. But no, it still seems bugged.

Still had an instance of a woman wearing no pants appearing. She is performing the role of "Logic Festival Gamer".

pants.jpg

These randomly dressed sims are also performing the role of "Logic Festival Gamer" which specifies "Festival Nerd Style" as their situational outfits. But none of these looks "nerd style" to me. Especially the evening dress. The guy is wearing swim shorts, so technically not pantsless.

nerd.jpg

For some reason these two are supposed to be doing the Cosplayer role (according to Sim Info) but they are also in random outfits and not costumes:

random.jpg

I looked around and checked for other cosplayers and spotted sims wearing these costumes working correctly:

Cartoon Plumber (repairman outfit in green and red like Mario and Luigi)

Space Ranger (just the space ranger uniform from the Astronaut career)

Oracle (long black leather like from The Matrix)

Llama Superhero (comes in various colour combinations but I just saw green/yellow and red/white this time)

Grim Reaper (robe and hood)

Darth Maul (spotted one male townie wearing Darth Maul)

Princess Leia (spotted two female townies that came as Leia)

Aayla Secura (female Star Wars Twi'lek dancer)

Darth Vader (male sims only, Star Wars costume)

Smuggler (the Interstellar Smuggler outfit from the Astronaut career)

Also spotted and working correctly are:

UGT Player (pro gamer career outfit on sims who show up just to do the UGT)

Hacker (back turtleneck sweater outfit that Startup Entreprenur career sims wear that show up to do Hackathon).

I hope that helps track down what's up with the situational outfit generator. I wonder what outfits are meant to be tagged as "Festival Nerd Style"?

Message 8 of 26 (4,636 Views)

★★★★ Guide
Still seems to be an active bug. I think it just happened in my game. The NPC was sitting at the computer chatting with my sim for a bit in one costume; after a bit, he got up and changed to a shirt and no pants. Talk about an "ohhh myyyy". Funny glitch (can see where it could be annoying if several sims are affected though didn't notice more in my game play). :D
Message 9 of 26 (4,217 Views)

★ Pro

Still seeing this at GeekCon.

Screen Shot 2019-01-15 at 2.27.04 PM.jpg

Message 10 of 26 (4,194 Views)